OR6500 for possible sale...

RAV-65

Thanxs bros!!

Indeed a very quiet and efficient pump, virtually no noise at all... it's also very cool, adds very little heat to the tank's water, when In touch the pump ( run out of water ), virtually no heat! Has to be the quietest and coolest pump I've ever used... :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

I've use this pump for 4 mths now & 2 thumbs up for it! Very quiet & minimum heat produced...

Surely will be in my recommendation list :) upz for u bro Rav-65

• SRC Member

i bought 2xor6500 before-sold them back to my tankmaker(seller) as i am looking at RD. The OR pump is heavy, using v.strong magnet<(RAV-65, am i rite? :lol: )and can be used as a internal or external pump(open the pump front cover and connect your pump directly to the hose connector(input)

watt consumption: 95w at 180cm

for pic:

http://www.eaquanature.com/store/default.php?cPath=42_126

post-10-1128165606.jpg

Thanxs KTLK & Piglet.... :peace:

Yes the pump is heavy, due to a solid build... but unless u decide to carry it around everyday, should be a prob... :D

It's still a super quiet ( hardly any sound ) and cold pump ( not heat during operation )... but since I've changed my plans for my new tank, decided to sell it... ;)

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

trying to reduce total watt consumption? u need to cal the headloss, and also take into the consideration of your tank size, chiller spec 1hp, 1/2hp, distance of yr chiller to tank-eg if yr chiller is 5m away, even RD 12000l/h is not enough-both RD and or6500-non pressure rated. etc. furthermore, it is worth for u to use a near $400 aquamedic pump (non-pressure rated pump) to t-off to chiller (increase the headloss) or it is better for u to use it as main return pump without t-0ff?

upz!

• SRC Member

Hi bro Rav65..

My tank spec is a 3.5x2x2....and was thinking that i could use a stronger return...right now...running on a 2800lph pump...and it seems weak. I know that 6500lph is a big jump but was thinking if i tee it off to run a FR and spilt the output to the main tank with possibly a SCWD (heard it causes quite a bit of headloss)....would the pump work on my tank? Would the increased back pressure from the SCWD be damaging to the pump?

And if it does work...will my 1.25inch durso be able to handle the increase overflow to the sump?...

Well...answer if you have the time....else no worries and best of luck on ur sale. ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

Hi bro Rav65..

My tank spec is a 3.5x2x2....and was thinking that i could use a stronger return...right now...running on a 2800lph pump...and it seems weak. I know that 6500lph is a big jump but was thinking if i tee it off to run a FR and spilt the output to the main tank with possibly a SCWD (heard it causes quite a bit of headloss)....would the pump work on my tank? Would the increased back pressure from the SCWD be damaging to the pump?

And if it does work...will my 1.25inch durso be able to handle the increase overflow to the sump?...

Well...answer if you have the time....else no worries and best of luck on ur sale. ;)

Hi bro...

I tink for your case, u'll realise that having a stronger return pump would do you alot of good coz I guess ur return pump is now really way too low...

If i were you, I wouldn't tee off to the FR but run individual pumps for it, but if conserve electricity is very high in priority to you, u can always tee off... :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Thanks for the response bro....after much deliberation and discussion, i think ur right...won't go with the tee off to the FR...but r u saying that i can actually look at running the OR6500 directly to the main tank? Won't that cause like a major sand storm in the tank?..... :o

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

Thanks for the response bro....after much deliberation and discussion, i think ur right...won't go with the tee off to the FR...but r u saying that i can actually look at running the OR6500 directly to the main tank? Won't that cause like a major sand storm in the tank?..... :o

I dun tink so if you aim the return accross the tank... :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg