alien07

• SRC Member

Hi Guys,

Spotted some nice Zoos at reborn for $3. Got 3 types i saw:

1) Bright Pink with grey skirting

2) Bright pink with Neon Green skirt

3) Blue with grey/brown skirt.

All for 3 buck-a-roos!

Zoos lovers. start your cheonging!!! :evil::D Cheers!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Hi Bro worm. its almost identical. But the one at reborn has much more striking pink. Not so faded. Its a good beginer coral for $3 bucks! Dont pay more than $10 for a fist size of zoos, unless they are US Zoos. ;) Cheers.

PS: Ask the forum before buying, if not later kena chop chop chop. ;)

Dont pay more than $10 for a fist size of zoos, unless they are US Zoos. ;) Cheers.

PS: Ask the forum before buying, if not later kena chop chop chop. ;)

Hi bro,

I love zoo. But don't know the different between US and Local

zoo. Can you teach me?

Because I collected few kind of zoo in my tank with out knowing

what are they.

Also support you for what u did in that sales forum. What you

did is nothing wrong! But helping others to save $$.

:lol:

Hi bro,

I love zoo. But don't know the different between US and Local

zoo. Can you teach me?

Because I collected few kind of zoo in my tank with out knowing

what are they.

Also support you for what u did in that sales forum. What you

did is nothing wrong! But helping others to save $$.

:lol:

What do you understand by the word US zoos..... Ppl state US zoos dun blindly follow them US zoos US zoos ;);) ... US zoos are also normal zoanthids that you get sometimes in the lfs in Sinagpore.....

The word US zoos doesn't meant anything and also not zoos coming from the states ;) .. In fact most zoos exported ard the world to Sinagpore, USA and even japan comes from indo, fiji, solomon or even tonga..... US zoos simply means zoos of nicer coloration and pattern.. Most of which comes from solomon island(the green meanies, safe craker red and royal blue), alot of them goes to the states and japan becos of their buying power... So when we goes to RC to see their zoos, we awe at those zoos and label them US zoos usually means nice coloration and patterns ;)

US i presume you mean caribbean has some nice zoos but seldom collected.. The very special one is the sun polyp ;)

Recently some reefer come in to this forum out of nowhere.. claim they saw this zoos and that zoos and at very cheap price.. Dun be bluff, those cheap zoos(usually from bali) looks awesome under actinic or bluish lighting but turn drappy brown under daylight.BTW bali zoos(usually has longer skirting) has very high chances of having zoos eating nudi. Nice zoos look nice even under daylight and of course you pay premium for that kind zoos, quality comes with price. Reason why we dun get many nice stuffs/ corals here in singapore is because of our typical singapore mentality(wants everything to be cheap and good)..

PSS:nice zoos also can be cheap so dun be mistaken so usually its your eye for nice stuff and taste that counts ;)

give you a guideline- AA, harlequin, reborn and even PR has very nice zoos sometimes ;)

I rempahsise on this US zoos DOES NOT come from the states ;)

• SRC Member

Bro D.A,

As i am a newbie would u mind if u share wif us how u would chose a zoo as i plan to get 1. How would u judge the price of the zoos? As u mention that nice zoos can be cheap too. So how we diff if the zoos we buy is worth the price? I saw the sell off forum got a mini war due to the price issue.. Pls share ur knowledge.

Bro D.A,

As i am a newbie would u mind if u share wif us how u would chose a zoo as i plan to get 1. How would u judge the price of the zoos? As u mention that nice zoos can be cheap too. So how we diff if the zoos we buy is worth the price? I saw the sell off forum got a mini war due to the price issue..  Pls share ur knowledge.

They no thumb rule to choosing zoos.. SOme ppl like colourful centers while others have more emphasis on the skirting.... Go to Reef central and look up on their zoos.. see those coloration keep in mind den go to lfs to look for something you simialr or IMO its best to look for something you like.. Always choose zoos under daylight and not actinic lighting ;)

my 2 cents worth ;)

• SRC Member
Always choose zoos under daylight and not actinic lighting

cant agreed more with DA :P

if under sunlight and u can still tell that the green is green and the

orange is still orange .. dun need to think, juz grap :P

another thing abt US zoo ... (i din know why ppl call them US zoos till u explain :P)

is that usually they have bigger and fleshier polyps. Those that I've seen with my

own eye is abt 1cm in diameter :P

cheers

cant agreed more with DA :P

if under sunlight and u can still tell that the green is green and the

orange is still orange .. dun need to think, juz grap :P

another thing abt US zoo ... (i din know why ppl call them US zoos till u explain :P)

is that usually they have bigger and fleshier polyps. Those that I've seen with my

own eye is abt 1cm in diameter :P

cheers

actually not really... big polyps are only sunflower, eagle eyes.. In fact many US solomon zoos have very tiny polyps.... The green meanies, safe cracker red all have small- tiny polyps.. They look nice cos the american do very nie close up/ macro shot on these zoos

hmmm ... the US zoos dun eat beef meh??? thot all angmoh eat beef??? :lol: eat beef size den big big wat ... eat rice size small small :D

Neh neh eh...

Den all the pai sin one very small size lah... wait till you see monsterz!! :D :D :D

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Buying and admiring zoos are one thing but the precaution in handling them should be adhered to as much as possible. :rolleyes:

Dun forget that you may even lose a finger if you handle them with open cuts and fragging them too. Just be careful. ;)

Buying and admiring zoos are one thing but the precaution in handling them should be adhered to as much as possible. :rolleyes:

Dun forget that you may even lose a finger if you handle them with open cuts and fragging them too. Just be careful. ;)

Life could be at risk to... One reefer in RC was fragging his zoos... He went away and left the zoos in the pail.. his dog when it to eat... the next few hrs, dog was terribly sick, went to the vet but was too late.. Died from neurotoxin