Trigger99 Reef Log

Trigger99

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Nice rock scaping.. definitely lookind forward to seeing the tank's development. Always love a cube tank look.. :) Any equiipment pics to show?

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

That crab looks cool but I'll recommend you take them out

Also take the mantis out too, you'll regret not doing so when it starts killing your fishes.

And the debris is detritus from the rock. Try to siphon them out during water change :lol:

And BTW, nice view you got there :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Nice rock scaping.. definitely lookind forward to seeing the tank's development. Always love a cube tank look.. :) Any equiipment pics to show?

Thanks for the compliment huskiesg!

Will take picture once I have tidy up the cabinet.

too embarassed to show it now as it is extremely messy. :paiseh::paiseh:

Here's what i have in there now:

I-Aquatic Ical Cal Reactor 520 (not fired up yet)

I-Aquatic Waste Collector

I-Aquatic Iski Beckett Skimmer 6"x24"

I Aquatic Ifil Fluidised Reactor

Aqualight T5 retrofit 2 sets

A Eheim 1262 return pump

A CO2 tank with JBJ solenoid

Here's what I still need to get: (if anyone wants to let go, please pm me)

Tunze TS07

Chiller

1 MH 150W or 250W

PH controller

======================

Old birds who come across my thread, please help me with my queries please.

:thanks:

• SRC Member

Looks like its the balcony? Can see the columns and the curtain with pelmet.

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

If you have sunshine then may have algae problems at a latter stage. Yes staining of marble flooring will be quite tricky in removal at a later stage especially when you have chengai stands.

Nice tank.

Looks like its Kembangan MRT? or MRT around the region?

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
If you have sunshine then may have algae problems at a latter stage. Yes staining of marble flooring will be quite tricky in removal at a later stage especially when you have chengai stands.

Nice tank.

Looks like its Kembangan MRT? or MRT around the region?

Haha. I actually made a cover for the tank during weekdays when I go to work. (To block off sunlight.) It is only in the weekend when I am at home that i remove the covers. A bit silly but not much choice.

• SRC Member

hey pal, nice tank and scaping...some suggestions:

Nuke all your live rocks. Esp removing the mantis shrimp and all other pests. So when u stock up, you will feel safe and no worries.

And overall looks nature and nice to me. But guess that you going to have a hard times reaching the bottom...i guess so!

Keep us updated! :D

• SRC Member
2. There are a lot of debris at the bottom of my tank. Is this normal during the cycling stage? How long will it last?

:sick::sick:

Hi Bro,

I dont think you have enough flow at the front of your tank. I see that one of your Seio is pointing down. I would suggest you point to the front or move it to the overflow box and point it to the front.

If this Seio is strong enough, the flow will be defract down by the glass and the detrius will be gone.

I would definitely suggest putting in more powerhead/Seio now. The more the flow the faster your tank cycle.

• SRC Member
hey pal, nice tank and scaping...some suggestions:

Nuke all your live rocks. Esp removing the mantis shrimp and all other pests. So when u stock up, you will feel safe and no worries.

And overall looks nature and nice to me. But guess that you going to have a hard times reaching the bottom...i guess so!

Keep us updated! :D

Everyone is advising me to do that.....hmmmm.... will be another busy weekend.

Will nuke them this weekend :evil: and repost after i have done so.

Gotta get earplugs first as my wife will grumble at me!!! :( This is the 3rd time i am moving the rocks out of the tank.

• SRC Member
Hi jacky, the lightings seem sufficent for your tank. 4 tubes of Aqualight T5. . can consider adding two more tubes, or if you like the ripple effect on the water, 150watt MH will be good as well.

looking for 2nd hand MH.

If anyone is selling (150W or 250W), pls pm me :)

• SRC Member

Hi Bro,

I dont think you have enough flow at the front of your tank. I see that one of your Seio is pointing down. I would suggest you point to the front or move it to the overflow box and point it to the front.

If this Seio is strong enough, the flow will be defract down by the glass and the detrius will be gone.

I would definitely suggest putting in more powerhead/Seio now. The more the flow the faster your tank cycle.

Thanks for the tip.will look for more powerheads for the tank.

I currently have a powerhead and a seio 820 inside the tank.

Think i need to get my tunze 6060 earlier than i thought.

I have face my seio downwards so that the detrius will be blown towards the tank which i could easily siphon out. If i face them towards the tank, the detrius will be blown under the rocks which will then be inaccessible right?

logical???? :huh: