my SPS photos

• SRC Member

Once you notice 1 acro start capturing food using its tentacles, it will always react this way when you dose it. So there will be many months before all acros started to train using tentacles to capture food. That is my guess.

The reaction will be the same for feeding cyclopees, oyster eggs and C.V. But results wise, i do not know.

;)

• SRC Member
I read that you need about 1 week to get them to start feeding. That is why they recommend heavier dose for the first week if you had not been feeding your acros before.

However your acros all already trained so you should see more reaction.

Since we need about a week to get the acros into feeding mood, will that cause nuisance algae growth ?

Wei, your coral coloration is very nice indeed :) Try 3 drops/25g/day for a wk. or 2, then report your impressions.

Coral-Vitalizer is not a nutrient food & there are not any adverse effects in excess. It contains particles within the liquid, both are made from elements in proportation to the coral's composition. C-V will improve coloration, growth[amazingly] & health, especially critical in nutrient-poor waters[as Wei's] which is a pre-requisite for 100% SPS coloration. C-V can be helpful in non-ZEOvit systems as well :) It requires refrigeration.

K-Balance is the newest product in the Korallen-Zucht line. It supplies K+ element in those tanks where SPS color fading or lightening occurs. This condition occurs in some reefs from K+ deficiency in some saltmixes, overskimming, & overutilization from extreme bioload. For example, lose of pinks in Stylo's, Pocci's & Seratioporas, color in Monti's or blues in Acro's is a sign of K+ deficit if one's parameters are inline & stable. Unfortunately, there is not tests for K+ at the hobbyist level. The endpoint in dosing is return of pink & blue coloration in the corals. In excess, algae blooms & coral tissue-tip recession can occur. The recommended dosage is 1ml/25g/day until coloration improves, then dose only if color again begins to fade. HTH, Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Walth Smith A. Clathrata.

Start doing C-V + K-balance on 25th Oct 2005, before and after photo.

Zeospur2 dosed on 4th Nov 2005.

C-V don't seems to have much effect on this acro whereas K-balance gives the bright pastel pink coloration on shipment day.

The right side is a little shaded and the coloration is darker.

WS_A_Clathrata_25102005.jpg

WS_A_Clathrata_14112005.jpg

Weileong, u said of this K-balance product. May i know is it from zeovit line of products?

Where can i get it & wat price?

This K-balance is basically potassium.

No local zeovit dealer bringing in at the moment so you have to order it directly from Germany unless you can convince PR or OP to bring them it.

1000ml cost about EUR50 excluding shipping.