Can lights for SPS tank switch off for 3 days

• SRC Member

Thks Andysho,

doing this because of a faulty chiller. A second hand teco bought from another reefer. Was conned by the reefer. Had already contacted derek, the chiller repairman and he said that the chiller by right will cool my tank very fast.

Anyway, any1 did this b4(switch off lights)?

Haha same experience with faulty chiller as me

From what I see expect to see SPS discolouration but they'll come back when you turn on your lights for a few days :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Haha same experience with faulty chiller as me

From what I see expect to see SPS discolouration but they'll come back when you turn on your lights for a few days :lol:

Thks, at least i can rest assured that my SPS are in gd condition. THks guys!

• SRC Member

In nature, when a storm (typhoon, cyclon etc) passes through a reef, surely there will be very little sunlight over the reef for 24 hrs to 48 hrs, depending on the speed of travel of the storm. Reefs still survive do they? In fact, new ideas of reefing is to create the actual process of the sun in our lighting system, with light rails that moves, wire meshes that covers the MH light randomly to simulate cloud covers. Note, MH is very difficult to be dimmed and at a ramdom rate.