cunning company!

Jaslyn

• SRC Member
In spite of all the legal advices given here regarding reporting to police, I will also like to caution you on the non legal aspects of this issue. There are A LOT of shady characters out there and some would do some dirty underhanded methods to get back at you.

Just take note.

You never realised that there REALLY IS ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE OUT THERE.

HEY YOU LAWYER???? :D (Just joking!)

Anyway, you are alsolute right. This company has no claim for anything. CASE will not bother. Civil law suit will not care. No body gives a DAM#.

5 years running business taught me quite a few things.

1. S$75 - S$100/hr to consult a associate. >S$200 for senior. First session normally free. Any letter of demand S$75. Advise will be let them sue you loh, chances is that it is a thread. Any amount less than 10K will not be liable for court but small claims for resolution, you can dun resolve and nothing will happen. Anything less than 10K will not be liable for bankcrupcy filing.

2. Auto-renew, yes they can do that but it will not subject you to a term contract. i.e you can terminate anytime. Contract is no longer binding. Just pay the pro-rate.

3. If they threaten you again, ask him if he knows abt law? Does he knows the process of sueing??? Here it goes -> Letter of demand -> Letter of dun know what (2rd warning) -> Confirmation that he is sueing -> Letter of court filing with schedule for hearing. etc etc. This duration takes 1-2 years, when they file it cost them 2K already... hahahaha. Idiot business to file. Sorry for all the long forgotten legal jargon.

No need to go report police, at best just haressment, no criminal intimadation...

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Aiyah.. why not we look things from another point of view. IF you are the Company, will you do the above to recover that couple of hundreds? Taking into consideration the lawyer fee and the processing time.

I used to work for a debt collection agency. Even Banks dun sue ppl over a small amount. They just wan to recover the money, NOT to lose more.

BTW what the company name?!!? Caution fellow reefers here!

• SRC Member

candid water cooler is the company name. We never come across cases like this so kinda stressed.

Although didnt hear anything from them ever since the last call from them,somehow just feel they wont give way like this.

So many bros here say they have no stand of going legal,then I bo chup liao.I have a newborn to take care of and its really going nuts having this kind of people adding up to my depression..

• SRC Member

Yeah just take good care of baby kieane and don't be bothered by these pests :lol:

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• SRC Member
candid water cooler is the company name. We never come across cases like this so kinda stressed.

Although didnt hear anything from them ever since the last call from them,somehow just feel they wont give way like this.

So many bros here say they have no stand of going legal,then I bo chup liao.I have a newborn to take care of and its really going nuts having this kind of people adding up to my depression..

lucky never ordered from them.....they have been calling me every 2 months or so trying to get my company to sign a contract with them...... :angry:

but i alway compare them with bottled water which can be had for 70cents.....they can't seems to justify their cost..... :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
say suppose you owe them $100, if they go through the legal process and in the process of engaging lawers (spent a few k). If really go to court, you pay $100 or $100+their lawyers fee?

By the time it schedule for court, it cost the company some 4K SGD or more.

A divorce case cost at abt 3K or more at family court, so you think civil court cheap???

Forget it, let him sue you loh, if he really does, we pool money and fight. In the end, he still will pay us back the money as the co will lose the case and I will witness somebody's ###### get kicked. :evil:

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

By the time it schedule for court, it cost the company some 4K SGD or more.

A divorce case cost at abt 3K or more at family court, so you think civil court cheap???

Forget it, let him sue you loh, if he really does, we pool money and fight. In the end, he still will pay us back the money as the co will lose the case and I will witness somebody's ###### get kicked. :evil:

if they really sue,"WE" pool money to fight? haha WE hor?Ok,I have your word haha

can they any case go legal and make us pay for the legal cost?

• SRC Member
if they really sue,"WE" pool money to fight? haha WE hor?Ok,I have your word haha

can they any case go legal and make us pay for the legal cost?

If they really sue and they win, then they can claim the cost of the water from you plus compensation for their legal cost.

But most likely they won't sue cos they dun have a concrete case and most likely they won't win even if they do.

Project R.E.

Previously:

• SRC Member

actually, i talk to lawyers before.....they will never get FULL compensation for thier legal cost if the things goes to court...it will be at least couple of hundereds lost to some 'fees' the is not considered by the court.....

only if they start issuing letter of demand and you chicken out and pay will they be able to recovered all the cost.....

• SRC Member

the company called me again.Says tomorrow coming to my house to talk about the same issue once more.I told them I wouldnt have time to entertain them and what I have told them is the final.They still will come,say want to make me sign something.I asked them if they are closing the case to my request,their answer to it is,not sure.Then come for what?

• SRC Member

Sis, dun be intimidated by them. Most prob they coming to pressure you some more. Maintain your stand. If they threaten legal action again tell them to go ahead you'll fight it out with them.

Project R.E.

Previously:

• SRC Member

They kept calling me today even I told them repeatedly I wouldnt be home.Anyway can I refused to open door for them?Cos I figure they would insist even more demand if they see that I actually dropping them to take water from another company..which is 3 x cheaper and 100 times friendlier

• SRC Member
so you mean even if I received legal letter,I should just ignore?

not really.....just post your story and everything include the letter to newpaper and TV shows lor.... :lol:

depending on how they harrasle you....you can even haul them to the police station.....;)

• SRC Member

not really.....just post your story and everything include the letter to newpaper and TV shows lor.... :lol:

depending on how they harrasle you....you can even haul them to the police station.....;)

I dont want to go tv lah haha cos before I go tv,I might have to spend thousands at Jean yip for makeover haha not worth it. :lol::erm:

Anyway the guy came over to the door,want to make me endorse an agreement that I still owe them 20 mths old contract and they can deserve the right till later date.I refused to sign and he kept standing there.I just kept the door closed.

Then last week,he called me again and say their boss giving me a last chance and if I dont cooperate,if they go legal,I will regret.I told him he can go ahead.Didnt hear anything from them yet and hope wont be anymore.

• SRC Member

NICE PLAN..

how about asking him the contract paper you signed to prove that it wil auto renew?He would have to somehow produce it in court.If it dosen't state.no problem

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L