Stung by Stonefish

akahoshi

• SRC Member

Anyone read the newspaper today? Under 'Home' section, front page.

This fellow is suing Sentosa because he got stung by a stonefish at Tanjong Beach..

Any comments people?

I only got one comment.. OUCH!! He had to go to hospital to remove the posion from his feet..

• SRC Member

I don't think his court case will go any further. Sentosa is not responsible for the marine life they may have in their beaches. What about people who get stung by jelly fish while swimming at East Coast Park? Do they sue the government because the government doesn't shelter the citizens from jelly fish? We might as well sue the government if we get an ant or mosquito bite for allowing us to be exposed to such creatures. Duh..

How about suing God because of the mere existence of such creatures? <_<

I don't think his court case will go any further. Sentosa is not responsible for the marine life they may have in their beaches. What about people who get stung by jelly fish while swimming at East Coast Park? Do they sue the government because the government doesn't shelter the citizens from jelly fish? We might as well sue the government if we get an ant or mosquito bite for allowing us to be exposed to such creatures. Duh..

How about suing God because of the mere existence of such creatures? <_<

Point taken. :lol:

its dumb. . how can sentosa control wad swims in and out of their sea?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

he's just trying to pull a fst one lah hopiung that sentosa will settle out of court.... i mean he apparently lost his jobas a trainer in company that he is a shareholder ? ? come on gv me a break haha.....

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

It is possible to sue the management of Sentosa for the inadequate/ill positioning of its signages warning beach goers of the possible dangers or "uninvited guests"

hence it'll become a case of becasue you( sentosa mng) knew about the dangers, but you (sentosa mng) obviously did not seem very interested to tell me (the guy who got stung) cuz your 1 and only sign is way over there (points to a far far away place near the lifeguard tower)

in civil cases, almost everything can be brought to court, just how well ur lawyers presents the case to prevent it from being thrown out by the judge.

• SRC Member
It is possible to sue the management of Sentosa for the inadequate/ill positioning of its signages warning beach goers of the possible dangers or "uninvited guests"

hence it'll become a case of becasue you( sentosa mng) knew about the dangers, but you (sentosa mng) obviously did not seem very interested to tell me (the guy who got stung) cuz your 1 and only sign is way over there (points to a far far away place near the lifeguard tower)

in civil cases, almost everything can be brought to court, just how well ur lawyers presents the case to prevent it from being thrown out by the judge.

i agree with you

• SRC Member
It could be something else, maybe not stonefish leh.... Coz not everyone can identify these sea creatures...

i thot the topic is about a possible civil suit, and not identifying a ls here. ;):P

• SRC Member

are u a law student, or becoming a lawyer or even studied commercial laws? :bow:

i agree with you as such issues are covered under "law of torts". :bow:

• SRC Member

seriously..did he do that...I think the only reason he sued is because he was rich to get a lawyer and wanted sentosa to pay his hospital bills.....maybe he was soo free....such a childish behaviour

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

Yup thats true..they even have signs to tell that there are animals around..eg "MONKEYS CROSSING" OR ''MONITOR LIZARD CROSSING"

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

I think since he's already injured and jobless, might as well give it one last shot to claim some compensation from sentosa management rite?

Provided he's rich enough to hire a lawyer to fight a good case, or he may just end up a big loser.

More likely sentosa may just want to settle this out of court and pay his hospital bills and one lump sum. The management can afford to do so since they charge so much for entrance into Underwater World <_<

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• SRC Member

This is Singapore and not the US.

I dont think the guy have any chance of winning. He should spend his time looking for a job. Now he has to try very hard to win because no company will a dangerous person like him. Who knows if he will sue the company if a stapler drop on his leg.

This is an act of nature, it is the sea and not a swimming pool. When you walk into the sea, you have already accepted that you may drown, have skin allergy, etc.

This is Singapore and not the US.

I dont think the guy have any chance of winning. He should spend his time looking for a job. Now he has to try very hard to win because no company will a dangerous person like him. Who knows if he will sue the company if a stapler drop on his leg.

This is an act of nature, it is the sea and not a swimming pool. When you walk into the sea, you have already accepted that you may drown, have skin allergy, etc.

Agree with you.

He's trying to pull a fast one on Sentosa. .

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

i don think he can win the case...as this IS SINGAPORE..

Sue sentosa = to Sue Govt.

think abt tomolo ppl die in the sea after attack by some unknown creature...can they sue the govt.

if yes..US will be pooorer by millions after SHARK ATTACK

there EC everywhere..for law

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

are u a law student, or becoming a lawyer or even studied commercial laws? :bow:

i agree with you as such issues are covered under "law of torts". :bow:

heh no bro, did my NS as a frontline police officer at Kampong java npc. So i get to see the good, the bad and the ugly.

in this case, as it continues to drags (like how it is for all civil cases) he can claim to experience "phantom pains". so to say, even tho he has recovered physically, his "injured" mental state causes him to experience the pain psychologically hence bringing to him a lot of discomfort and inconvenience. and such "phantom pain" can last a lifetime so we're looking at a lot of digits in compensation.

well again, it boils down to ur lawyer.

and thats how the rich can afford to get richer.