H&S 110-F2000 vs Macro KS 100

• SRC Member
Firstly you say there isn't marked improvement, then you say the skimmate is definitely better, i am definitely confused.

on the skimmate comparison, personnally, I feel the skimmate in the H&S was better, as in more quantity, darker. but not significantly more, as least from what the eye can see.

when I upgraded to the H&S, i was expecting like half cupful of dark skimmate everyday, but it didnt happen (thats why I say its not a marked improvement).

Skimmate more like a quarter cupful of dark greentea skimmate every 2~3 days. the macro gave me similar quantity in 4~5days, but less dark. So come to think of it, my earlier post mayb wrong; it may in fact be at least 2x more efficient than the macro.

If I tune it to take only sludgy/pastey skimmate, the H&S can give like 1/8 cup a week whereas the macro cup, for the 6 months I tried, cannot tune to get sludgy skimmate at all (only some stuck on the roof of the cup cover). Prior to Macro, I was using a weipro 2012 for 2 years.

Finally and most imporantly is, I am getting nitrate about 10-20ppm with the H&S whereas it got sky high with the macro, although maybe not a fair comparison as I did a few things before I changed to H&S like taking out all bioballs and ceramic rings and changing water more regularly.

As a disclaimer, I am still learning and evaluating as I only got the H&S 3mths ago so info taken as it is.

I hope the above clarifies any confusion. further comments are welcome.

• SRC Member

haIzzZzz...

can we have the consensus that the idea of coming up with a huge initial outlay for a good skimmer is not for the skimmate ONLY?

for me, i would apportion in the following schedule:

1. water parameters (50%)

2. skimmate (20%)

3. price (20%) --> however, should be variable since branded NWs have lower wattages and might very well do justice in the long run

4. outlook, ease of use, maintenance regime (10%)

what do you guys think?

really silly to keep using skimmate ONLY to justify the efficiency man...

not pointing fingers at anyone though huh

post-304-1148825424.gifmadboy.gifmadboy.gifmadboy.gif

That just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to,

doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.