H&S 110-F2000 vs Macro KS 100

• SRC Member

Hi All,

Upgrading my skimmer soon and would like to seek forumers opinion. One H&S 110-F2000 can buy 5 Macro KS 100. Is the Macro skimmer 1/5 as good as the H&S or even better. Is there any fight at all ?

I know that taiwan products are improving everyday and one day they will catch up with the best in the world :lol:

Opinions please :lol:

:thanks:

• SRC Member
Hi All,

Upgrading my skimmer soon and would like to seek forumers opinion. One H&S 110-F2000 can buy 5 Macro KS 100. Is the Macro skimmer 1/5 as good as the H&S or even better. Is there any fight at all ?

I know that taiwan products are improving everyday and one day they will catch up with the best in the world :lol:

Opinions please :lol:

:thanks:

on a 1-1 basis, i dun think the macro would be that inferior as to performing up to only 1/5 of the H&S'.

but the real issue might be the reliability and durability of the NW pump of the H&S have longer lifespan as compared to 5 macro NW pumps...

just my wrthless 2 cents... :blink:

post-304-1148825424.gifmadboy.gifmadboy.gifmadboy.gif

That just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to,

doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.

• SRC Member

i using macro 350 and H&S 110-F2000 at same time.

Sorry, i have no time submit photos. i had took photos example: 4 days, 8 days etc....

But will do review on this 2 skimmers soon.

What i can see H&S show big different.

give me time, this few days i very busy...

will post the result next week ( if i free)

• SRC Member

:rolleyes: using H & S so far very happy with it's performance. system more that 1.5 year 4ftby2.5ftby2.0ft so far no2=0 no3= 0-2ppm only and po4= 0 nh4= 0 ca 400ppm mg 1230ppm sr:16 kh:10 got 33 corals 6 tang which are 4 inc and bigger is size total fish stock not more than 18

Hope the above help

cheers

• SRC Member

The density of the bubbles count for a lot. You should get a THICK WHITE MASS of FROTHY FOAM, a solid milkshake in the reaction chamber. The MAcro cant cut it at that level.

But having said that, you dont need a ferrari to take you down the street to the wet market. You have to weight in your load and requirements, and see which skimmer fits your budget. The Ferrari will do the job in style, but with the speed bumps and traffic lights, it will get there approx same time as a Proton Wira. :)

• SRC Member
The density of the bubbles count for a lot. You should get a THICK WHITE MASS of FROTHY FOAM, a solid milkshake in the reaction chamber. The MAcro cant cut it at that level.

But having said that, you dont need a ferrari to take you down the street to the wet market. You have to weight in your load and requirements, and see which skimmer fits your budget. The Ferrari will do the job in style, but with the speed bumps and traffic lights, it will get there approx same time as a Proton Wira. :)

lol bro i like your analogy!

• SRC Member
can't wait to see the review... hehe..

bro took my camera to AUS.

this 2 mths, alot friends also want borrow camera.

lucky i got lousy HP with camera.

i do review again when camera is back.

here is my 2 skimmers

image04.jpg

smaller one is H&S

i should change my macro to smaller one so that i can put another skimmer to test out. damm..............

• SRC Member

Its not small or big that matters, its the technology behind - for everthing else theres a H&S to clean your tank.

Somethings big are useless the hokkien saying "dua cim par kong"

There are somethings BIG however that are useful :eyebrow:

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Money do come into play in our everyday consideration and yes not many are born with a silver spoon, i must agree.

However, it is not the law of diminishing returns that we are talking about here between skimmers of "wide-gapped" performance.

How much is a Macro KS 100 anyway? Am sure Sam can give good offers :lol: Tell Santa what you want for this years' Christmas...

Ho Ho Ho

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
Its not small or big that matters, its the technology behind - for everthing else theres a H&S to clean your tank.

Somethings big are useless the hokkien saying "dua cim par kong"

There are somethings BIG however that are useful :eyebrow:

:)

i mean that i bought wrong because too big, take up space.

my idea is put 3 skimmer in one sump.

• SRC Member

i used a macro as250 (NeedleWheel) before and now upgraded to an H&S 110.

frankly, i dont really see very marked improvement in the skimmate. of course the skimmate definitely better in the H&S, but not by 2 fold in my case although price of H&S is more than 2 fold of macro.

but what i like about the H&S is that it runs super quiet and only 18W, unlike the macro where the needlewheel pump noise got to my nerves. also, the output of my macro had too many micro bubbles which were quite stuborn to deal with (needed 2 baffle in sump). maybe for the KS100 wudnt have such problems, but not sure skimmate good or not.

• SRC Member

Firstly you say there isn't marked improvement, then you say the skimmate is definitely better, i am definitely confused.

Anyway, can you tell me whats the difference between macchiato and latte?

Some people find that expresso a little too concentrated so they tune by adding a little milk to make it more palatable. Whereas latte has a whole lot of milk plus alot of "Air". Many people will find "don't really see very marked improvement" but note what you are missing. All marine tank contain salt water, but some not only can support hard corals but also colour up, some will brown it like a piece of steak.

Between Air is free, you can have a lot of it too.

4x2x2 Tank Thread