SPS Coral swapping

Stenopus Hispidus

• SRC Member

What's a horn coral? Pictures?

I've got some frags I mounted 2 months ago on clam shells. I don't know what species of Acropora but the last time I saw them they were tri-coloured. Flourescent green polyps, brown to white body and purple tips, but temperature above 27 for prolong periods of time will trigger RTN. Recovers quickly when cooled down, but I found out the hard way.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Hi Tanzy,

The Horn Coral that I have is Hydnophora grandis. Branchy and looks like Acropora in some ways but with thicker branches. It has a flurorescent greenish bluish hue. Here are some pics. I am thinking of fragging about 2" (not a cm :lol: as in my Purple Montipora talk some time back). BTW your acro sounds good to me. Check if you want a frag of this Horn...Remember, no obligation. :)

BTW, how did your tank manage to reach 27 degrees? What happened to your chiller? <_<

post-15-1037819475.jpg

• SRC Member

Not anywhere near my tank now, so no recent picture.

4640390.greenpolyp.jpg

Here's one when it just recovered from RTN. The frags are basically the tops of the RTNed branches. It was a last bid to save the whole colony until I realised that all I needed to do was lower the temp. I set my chiller at 28 to save electricity but now it's at 27. :D Colours aren't shown very well in the pic.

I'll trade frag for frag of your horn coral, but I'll be back around Xmas, so save one piece for me. Unmounted please.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Pic of the frag in case the one above doesn't show.

post-15-1037821359.jpg

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

I've got 3 mounted frags or if you would rather not have them mounted, I'll just snap a branch off the main colony for you. Get in touch about the frag around end Dec.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• 1 month later...

Steno... would you be able to give me a frag too?

I have a staghorn that is supposed to be green but was brown when I bought it. It hasn't coloured up yet. I can exchange a frag with you.

:) Tanzy's coming back... I like to stroke the turtle's head!

• SRC Member

I'm back in Singapore. Tank is in a bit of a mess as usual because I'm not around. I'll clean it up a bit and do some upgrades.

After New Year will be a good time to swap.

The tricolour has become a tetracolour acro, purple tips, brown and white body with green polyps.

AT,

That sounds lewd. I don't think I'll give you good luck. I think you will be better off with the one eye snake or monkey spanking.

post-15-1040554566.jpg

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

Sure thing, but be warned this acro is very demanding, you will have to watch the temperature and give it intense light.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

chanbi,

It's the same acro but the colour developed after a month or so. Wild corals can take a while before really colouring up in a tank. The brown acro could be due to lack of light, but I've got brown acro sitting directly under a 400W bulb too.

AT,

I put up one radium on my tank and the colour is lovely! Looks whitish with a splash of blue. Definitely lacks violet light though, must add actinic.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

robe,

Sure thing. When is a good time for you? I'll collect from you so I can have a peek at your tank too. :P

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

Tanzy,

How about we fix the exchange tentatively at 11/1/2003 @ 11 am? OK with you?

Please PM me your add so that I can bag it and take a slow morning drive to your place for some rejuvenation... :P

BTW, your acro is gorgeous! B)

AT,

Lemme check whether there is still room for fragging cos I still owe Phang a frag for exhange when his main tank is up and going. Like to have a look at his system too.

You are not in a hurry right? I hope so. Anyway, I am still waiting a chance to get to my main tank for an assessment. If there is any room for fragging, I can pass you when I pay you a visit. Will keep you updated here :)

Amazing! How did you manage to get permit for installing a 400 watter? Did you give your wifey a shiny little stone this Christmas, Santa? :lol:

Robe,

Did ya say "Sky Blue" staghorn? B)

Think you can post a pic of it? :rolleyes:

Chanbi,

Never lose hope on your Acro. cos anything can happen. Its the biggest attraction of this species of coral. :blink::)

Finally, like to wish all of you a Merry Christmas! Don't forget your love ones...and I don't mean your corals! :lol:

• SRC Member

Stenopus,

I have a Acro that suppose to be green... Now 3 days old under a 250W Iwasaki...... waiting for it to turn green again.... You interested for a exhange with the frag we discussed earlier....

And Tanzy,

I wan a frag of that 4 coloured Acro of yours.... :lol:

BTW, guys, just obtained a encrusting Acro.... Purple at growth tips with whitish purple polyps...looks like those encrusting kind..... ;)

Another thing, I'm currently looking for a 400W Radiums......

Anyone know where they are readily available???

• SRC Member

Phang,

Sure thing, if your tank is ready, I can frag the coral anytime.

You just missed a pretty good deal for Radiums over at Inland Reef. They were doing a Powerbuy at Reefs.org, about US$75 per Radium.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

Ya, same number. Got something to trade?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

***+256779892164 Bring back my husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend #USA CANADA SPAIN MEXICO NEWYORK UK MANCHESTER

2. 0

$% +256779892164 EFFECTIVE AND APPROVED LOVE SPELLS THAT WORK IMMEDIATELY GET BACK MY HUSBAND/WIFE/BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND IN 72HRS MAMA HADIJA IN USA UK SINGAPORE CHINA JAPAN THAILAND

3. 0

#Quick love-spells-in-Alaska- #USA-+256779892164-return-a-lost-amar Reconciliation✅

4. 0

@+256779892164 AFRICAN TRADITIONAL HEALER - POWERFUL BINDING LOVE SPELL MOST POWERFUL LOVE SPELLS THAT WORK INSTANT LOST LOVE SPELLS IN USA UK CANADA AUSTRALIA SINGAPORE JAPAN KUWAIT MAMA HADIJA POWERFUL SPELL CASTER +256779892164

5. 0

LOST LOVE SPELLS IN USA, +256779892164 AMERICA LONDON, UK (+256779892164) GET LOST LOVER BACK INSTANTLY THE MOST AUTHENTIC LOVE SPELLS ARE THE MOST RELIABLE SOURCE YOU CAN RELY ON?!!!!!1. STOP CHEATING MAMA HADIJA LOVE SPELLS