My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

:D... You are right, they are very secretive and most likely nocturnal cuz in my tank I can only see it during the night. Have tried several times to stab it but its just to fast for me... sigh...

Use toilet can... 20c... :P

Guess I am the only lucky one. My 2inch plus crab climb up to the overflow chamber and fell into the overflow compartment :upsidedown::upsidedown:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I am the only lucky one. My 2inch plus crab climb up to the overflow chamber and fell into the overflow compartment :upsidedown::upsidedown:

Yup... You have always been the fortunate one. :eyebrow:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Hi DA,

U are indeed the lucky one, the crab might thought he's gotten into a "Fantasy Land' when he's climbing over into the overflow chamber. But never did he realised its "dooms" day for him :pinch::P

Nowadays, I will check for those pests when Lights are completely off. Ususally higher chance to scout them and apprehend them :lol:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
Y U KEEP SO MANY SAME SPECIES NEMO

HARD TO PAIR UP LEH LIDDAT.. <_<

Oops.. my bad :paiseh: Forgot to add tat the new pair in the beta box belongs to Bro Reefzzz.... :pinch: I already have 2 paris of true percs... to add another new pair would be courting trouble :P Thanks for pointing out B)

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Oops.. my bad :paiseh: Forgot to add tat the new pair in the beta box belongs to Bro Reefzzz.... :pinch: I already have 2 paris of true percs... to add another new pair would be courting trouble :P Thanks for pointing out B)

clownfishes are still our fav fishes heh heh ...

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
clownfishes are still our fav fishes heh heh ...

Woo ya.. tat's Y i got 2 pairs in my tank. both pairs live in harmony now. Initial stage, they tends to fight a bit for territory :pinch::ph34r: Now. great buddies, they even slept together :lol:

Even those normal wrasses does brighten up one's reef tank... here's the shot :lol:

post-4134-1204816837.jpg

post-4134-1204816844.jpg

post-4134-1204816855.jpg

post-4134-1204816864.jpg

• SRC Supporter
:thanks: Bro redDevils. :cry2: Even the bones have disappeared !!! Hope its the culprit is the apprehended crab tat I caught a few days ago ... :angry:

Bro redDevils, did u go to the Irwana's night shipment recently ? Saw ur wrasses collection, u gonna increase ur collection of it ?

hi bro, yes i went to their vanuatu shipment if got transport from fellow brothers here.

intend to increase the collection.. but slowly.. pocket not deep enough. :P

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member
hi bro, yes i went to their vanuatu shipment if got transport from fellow brothers here.

intend to increase the collection.. but slowly.. pocket not deep enough. :P

Pocket not deep ?? But RedDevil's presence always at their shipment lei :eyebrow::whistle Well, wrasses colration are so intense and colorful, n they tends to swim at the upper reef tank, thus adding that colorful touch :rolleyes: Do posts ur collections of ur vanuatu shipments ya. U can also posts at my thread too to let me drool, drool, drool :lol:

• SRC Member

hi bro fishtalk! very nice wrasse!!

gotton a same wrasse some time back, but put inside only, kenna chased around by my yellow wrasse.. next day saw it on the floor.. :cry2:

ur wrasse looks very stunning and happy in the tank. ^_^

clownfishes are my fav fish too.. dunno why, like they got emotions like that.. :rolleyes:

gotton a same wrasse some time back, but put inside only, kenna chased around by my yellow wrasse.. next day saw it on the floor.. :cry2:

clownfishes are my fav fish too.. dunno why, like they got emotions like that.. :rolleyes:

As for me, i think i really have some feelings for my clownfishes heh heh. They are the first resident... many come and go but they are the permanent resident. I love the way they swim and it seem very comical and always brighten up my days. i believe somehow clownfishes are also the icon for marine reefing hobbyists!

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

in my whole life, i only used to have one rhomboid wrasse. A very brave and colourful fish. but not intending to add any more fishes anymore ... small tank better keep bioload low .

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

• SRC Member
in my whole life, i only used to have one rhomboid wrasse. A very brave and colourful fish. but not intending to add any more fishes anymore ... small tank better keep bioload low .

Very discipline reefer here, got good self control

• SRC Supporter
Pocket not deep ?? But RedDevil's presence always at their shipment lei :eyebrow::whistle Well, wrasses colration are so intense and colorful, n they tends to swim at the upper reef tank, thus adding that colorful touch :rolleyes: Do posts ur collections of ur vanuatu shipments ya. U can also posts at my thread too to let me drool, drool, drool :lol:

haha bro.. pocket really v shallow.. after all the equipments no more deep pocket liao.

i only been to 1 vanuatu shipment that is the latest 1.. the rest i got no transport last time haha. :P will post pic thanks for letting me post in ur thread :)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

:thanks::thanks: Vincent for the compliments. Wrasses are so secretive and timid. They tends to hide when newly released into the tank. Got a few wrasses tat never even get to see them when released into the tank. Either they died of hunger or beaten to death by other fishes or eaten by crabs :sick: Well, at least, now got a few wrasses swimming in the top tank. I.M.O, more wrasses presence in the tank will increase the survival percentage of newly wrasse being introduced in the tank. :idea:

• SRC Member
As for me, i think i really have some feelings for my clownfishes heh heh. They are the first resident... many come and go but they are the permanent resident. I love the way they swim and it seem very comical and always brighten up my days. i believe somehow clownfishes are also the icon for marine reefing hobbyists!

Nemos swims in a very unique way in the sense tat they sorta wriggle left right left right pattern. N Hammy, I agreed with u tat NEMOS definitely is an ICON for marine hobbyists :idea: Whenever adults, kids or old folks sees a marine tank, they will always asks/says, such bright orange fish or nemos in the cartoon movie??? :lol:

Hammy, u might wanna consider adding some wrasses in ur tank ? I recommended Reefzzz to add some and he felt its a good idea to do so... :heh::P

• SRC Member
Very discipline reefer here, got good self control

Hammy has been known to keep minimum fishes and cleans his equipments almsot everyday, esp his skimmer :whistle

• SRC Member
haha bro.. pocket really v shallow.. after all the equipments no more deep pocket liao.

i only been to 1 vanuatu shipment that is the latest 1.. the rest i got no transport last time haha. :P will post pic thanks for letting me post in ur thread :)

Ya, this hobby truely takes off a huge chunk of our saving :ph34r: But wat to do, we simply got hooked to jus upgrades and buying of corals n fishes. Where do u stay actually ? If near, can tongbang u if going to shipments.... :lol:

• SRC Member
Ya, this hobby truely takes off a huge chunk of our saving :ph34r: But wat to do, we simply got hooked to jus upgrades and buying of corals n fishes. Where do u stay actually ? If near, can tongbang u if going to shipments.... :lol:

nvr offer to tompang me... <_<

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
nvr offer to tompang me... <_<

Aiya... anytime lah... But whree's ur cooper? U rescape ur tank liao. Can post a pic of ur rescape bonsia tank in my thead , no problem with it :whistle

Nemos swims in a very unique way in the sense tat they sorta wriggle left right left right pattern. N Hammy, I agreed with u tat NEMOS definitely is an ICON for marine hobbyists :idea: Whenever adults, kids or old folks sees a marine tank, they will always asks/says, such bright orange fish or nemos in the cartoon movie??? :lol:

Hammy, u might wanna consider adding some wrasses in ur tank ? I recommended Reefzzz to add some and he felt its a good idea to do so... :heh::P

i go barebottom liao... heh heh ... no sand for wrasse to play. dunno how reefzzz tank is doing now

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Hammy has been known to keep minimum fishes and cleans his equipments almsot everyday, esp his skimmer :whistle

i sense the sarcacism... heh heh.. next time treat u eat the skimmate...!!!! heh heh.

the deltec MCE 600 is very efficient... just one stupid problem... collection cup is too small

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

• SRC Member
i sense the sarcacism... heh heh.. next time treat u eat the skimmate...!!!! heh heh.

the deltec MCE 600 is very efficient... just one stupid problem... collection cup is too small

Wat sarcacism ?? U too sensitive liao la bro. ;) We knows u dislike to see skimmate in the collector cup. U drink the skimmate, I follow suit, sui bo ? :fear:

i go barebottom liao... heh heh ... no sand for wrasse to play. dunno how reefzzz tank is doing now

Ya I know ur bottom is bare liao :pinch: some wrasses don need sand lor. they hide among rocks and swims top level of the reef tank. Reefzzz's tank not yet done. Still got a huge pc of rock yet to add in. probably need another week or so