Bros/sis with back problems....

somebody

• SRC Member
Try this simple exercise to remove some of the irritating lower back aches. Works for me.

1. Lie on back, knees together and slightly bent.

2. There should naturally be a small gap between the small of your back and the floor.

3. Inhale. And as you do so, try to "push" the small of your back to be completely in contact with the floor. ie. touch the floor with the small of your back.

4. Hold it there for 10 seconds.

5. Do 5 reps.

Should clear our lower back aches within a few days.

Everytime you feel the ache again, just do the above.

wow really?? Okie will try that later tonight before I sleep... my back hurts just about every single night (or every time I lie down)..

shoot man like an old man already... crap

• SRC Member
Try this simple exercise to remove some of the irritating lower back aches. Works for me.

1. Lie on back, knees together and slightly bent.

2. There should naturally be a small gap between the small of your back and the floor.

3. Inhale. And as you do so, try to "push" the small of your back to be completely in contact with the floor. ie. touch the floor with the small of your back.

4. Hold it there for 10 seconds.

5. Do 5 reps.

Should clear our lower back aches within a few days.

Everytime you feel the ache again, just do the above.

bro! been doing it the whole day. feels pretty interesting. seems like i'm flexing my core quite a bit to do it. =)

will keep doing it, that part feels a little tired, but i like how the exertion was focused. will keep you posted on the results. *crosses fingers*

Have this really bad backache whenever i stand too long. Tried this supplment call Glucosamine sulphate and it really improve my condition a lot. Still taking it 2 or 3 times daily. Search the internet on its benefit.

If your condition is due to your back soft-bone degeneration, then this is the supplement to take.

• SRC Member

This is a stretch for the trunk called the Trunk Rotation Stretch. Which I did at the SGH physiotheraphy ctr.

* Sit upright, nice and tall, keeping your belly in.

* Rotate your body and bring your arms across and stay there for a 3 to 5 seconds. Feel a comfortable stretch in your spine.

* Return to the middle and repeat on the other side. Repeat more times if desired.

This exercise is also to strengthen back muscles. Most of the time ppl feel back pain easily is that they got weak back muscles, therefore the pain comes in easily. As quoted by my theraphist when she treated me then

post-11-1133247373.jpg

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

I have a bad crooked lower spine.

Each time I stand too long or play soccer, my back will ache like mad.

I had a new problem the last 2 months!

I had a tendon inflammation in my neck.

think it was due to

1) rockscaping of my tank

2) working in a new enviroment (higher table etc)

3) aggravated it when i played tennis while already injured by 1 and 2

4) had a long distance flight to Germany with 1,2 &3 problems.

Went to see doctors. gave me musles relaxant and painkillers.

the painkillers are ineffective at all.

Started seeing physio therapist in Novena square.

The physio has managed to rectify 1 problem in my back, 1 in my elbow, 1 in my wrist. I did some ultra scanning and neck retraction exercise there.

What happens is that the nerve is pinched by the bones and the muscles tensed up as a reaction........

the nerve in the neck affected the back and elbow and wirst, back of palm and the chest..

At one time, it was so bad that I cna only sleep uprght in a couch.

for over 3 weeks, I had only 3 hours of interrupted sleep.

In the morning, the pain in my elbow was so excruciating that I cannot move my hand and could not even pee..... no joke.

it is only in the recent few days that I manage to grab 5 - 6 hours of sleep.

The physio will be working with me (after this problem is solved) to create a set of exercise to strength my lower back.

Will keep you folks posted.

Anyone who encounters the same problem as me and need any advise, please feel free to pm me.

In the mean time, in office, ensure that your screen is at eye level.

your keyboard should be at a height where your elbow is bend at 90 degrees.

sit upright against the back of the chair.

Set an alarm every 30 mins to remind yourself to sit upright.

good luck!

• SRC Member

bro! been doing it the whole day. feels pretty interesting. seems like i'm flexing my core quite a bit to do it. =)

will keep doing it, that part feels a little tired, but i like how the exertion was focused. will keep you posted on the results. *crosses fingers*

I've been relying on this routine to get me thru times when my back gives me problem. Done this for years liao... Really hope to get rid of this back problem permanently...

• SRC Member
Got it off a newspaper article many many years ago.

Hope it really helps in relieving the pain. It works for me.

Cheers.

bro, does it help relieve the pain or does it strengthens your back, then relieves the pain??

hmm.. just trying to clarify how am i supposed to feel after doing the exercise. whether i'm supposed to have my back feeling a little tired, or feel no pain anymore. haha.

thanks!

• SRC Member

Slipped disc I believed is different from normal backache, so far there are no cure

for it except that we can relieve the pain. I have the same

problem as you, having 2 slipped disc. I bought an equipment from Aibi called

Hang Up. So far I can say that it is quite effective but I have use it only for less

than a month, so I do not know the effect of long term usage.