MWTS: Arctica 1/10hp Chiller

southpaw23

• SRC Member

Hi all,

Am considering upgrading my chiller due to the impending upgrade to 250watt MH. As of now, the chiller has been more than capable of handling my 3.5'x2'x22" tank and sump. The heat load includes a 150watt MH, 2x39watt T5-HO, Skimmer Pump (Rio 20HF @ 60watts) and Chiller Pump (Rio 14HF @ 40watts), Seio 820, Seio 1100, the return pump is external so no added heat source from there.

It takes approximately 2 hours to chill the tank down by 1 degree celcius and consequently rest for almost 2 hours before kicking in again. Some might think that it's too long but bearing in mind that this chiller only consumes 75 watts of electricity. It is highly efficient and probably cost less to maintain than those Resuns. And of course the best part about this chiller is the noise factor...or should i say lack of noise...one of the most silent chillers around, i've had no qualms about putting it in the living room.

Anyways, the chiller is barely half a year old and in perfect condition, unfortunately, i don't have the warranty card with me....but those interested are more than welcome to inspect the condition of the chiller. Looking at $450 for the unit. Brand new cost over $1000. Not looking to go any lower than the stated price as I am still in the midst of considering this upgrade and if i don't find a buyer, will be fine with keeping the unit and holding off on the MH upgrade.

So feel free to drop me a PM if you're interested.

cheers

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member
bearing in mind that this chiller only consumes 75 watts of electricity.

May i ask your chiller consumes 75watts, this is calculated based on 1/10 of 746 har?

understand 1/10 HP (75watts) is the compressor power consumption, how about the cooling fan motor power consumption ?

wanted to find out the total cooling power consumption before considering..

CHEERS!

• SRC Member

May i ask your chiller consumes 75watts, this is calculated based on 1/10 of 746 har?

understand 1/10 HP (75watts) is the compressor power consumption, how about the cooling fan motor power consumption ?

wanted to find out the total cooling power consumption before considering..

CHEERS!

Hi Rocks....thats a valid question, which unfortunately, i don't have an answer to. If anyone else out there knows...it would be greatly appreciated...else, u could probably check out the net....I've done some looking but didn't get any useful information.

Anyways...regardless of the numbers...the total power consumption of this chiller is definately less than most chillers in the market.

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member
How many times has it been serviced before?

There hasn't been a need for servicing...as i mentioned...it's barely 6 months old....

cheers

ps. i clean the air intake grills when it's dusty that's all....

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member
Anyways, the chiller is barely half a year old and in perfect condition, unfortunately, i don't have the warranty card with me....

Interested but half a year and warranty card disappeared? If there are problems during the rest of the half year, who is going to cover the warranty? Just asking.

• SRC Member

Interested but half a year and warranty card disappeared? If there are problems during the rest of the half year, who is going to cover the warranty? Just asking.

Weisoon...do u think i would be selling a 6 month old unit WITH the warranty card at this price?....

Hope u understand where i'm coming from....anyways...to each their own...like i mentioned before...i'm not desperate to sell the unit so if you're unhappy with the price or the condition of the sale...no worries, no obligation on purchasing the unit...but thanks for showing interest... ;)

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member
Weisoon...do u think i would be selling a 6 month old unit WITH the warranty card at this price?....

Hope u understand where i'm coming from....anyways...to each their own...like i mentioned before...i'm not desperate to sell the unit so if you're unhappy with the price or the condition of the sale...no worries, no obligation on purchasing the unit...but thanks for showing interest... ;)

Am i suppose to be able to read your mind on your statement:

No offence. Maybe you are really keen to sell off the unit fast. Maybe better that you indicate in the first place that you are not the 1st owner and how long has the chiller been in use since bought brand new.

Please elaborate more on your statement:

Hope u understand where i'm coming from ....anyways...to each their own...

as I do not totally understand what you trying to point at. Thanks.

• SRC Member

Am i suppose to be able to read your mind on your statement:

No offence. Maybe you are really keen to sell off the unit fast. Maybe better that you indicate in the first place that you are not the 1st owner and how long has the chiller been in use since bought brand new.

Please elaborate more on your statement:

Hope u understand where i'm coming from ....anyways...to each their own...

as I do not totally understand what you trying to point at. Thanks.

My apologies weisoon...perhaps my response may have appeared to have offended you in someway. But simple logic would dictate that one doesnt sell a perfectly working piece of equipment at more than half the price without a catch....and i believe i have clearly stated what that catch might be...which is the fact that it doesn't come with a warranty card.

And I believe i have also clearly stated that i am in no hurry to sell of the unit which confuses me when u bring up the statement about me being in a hurry to sell of the unit....

I've also stated how old the unit was....which is approximately 6 months...since purchase.

Not pointing at anything...when i say to each their own, i mean, everyone is entitled to their opinions...if you're unhappy with the conditions of the sale. It's ok...no loss to you...or me....

Anyways....the chiller has already been reserved...thanks for all the interest shown.

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

wah biangz...

end of year should be a rainy season for Singapore right ?

how come getting heaty heaty instead ?

too many hero-wannabes la

post-304-1148825424.gifmadboy.gifmadboy.gifmadboy.gif

That just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to,

doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.

• SRC Member

I would continue to ask but judging by your response and ur past responses in other thread....i don't think i'll bother wasting my time and energy...

good day to you....

southpaw23's reef