T5 Wiring Diagram

aqua_reef

Hiyee bros and sis:

im starting my DIY T5 but Im not sure if i got it correct..

Can bros/sis out there pls advice?

dun want it to start a fire~

using 2 x Eballast

Eballast 1 - for 2 x 36-40w tubes

Eballast 2 - for 1 x 36-40w tube

T5

2 x ATI Aqua Blue +

1 x ATI Aqua Blue Special

Attach diagram for verification and advice.. thanks!

Maybe anyone out there who going to DIY or have DIY before can help me.. :)

post-9-1064190819.jpg

hi bro,

if i were u, i make 2 switches. so i can control 2 tubes at a time rather than when i switch it on, it fires all 4 tubes........ :D

Bro.. thanks for response

1. I dunno where i should place the ON/OFF switch.. i mean the ON OFF Switch have 2-3 leg at the back right? where should i connect them?

2. Im using 3 T5 tube only

Is the wiring diagram right?

Cos I dun seem to recall the one on my OSRAM looking like that.

The instructions (diagram) are printed on the eballast and which brand are you using?

Just need someone to confirm this as I'm not too sure.

im using 2 eballast bro..

some eballast allow 2 tube of 36-40w

while some eballast allow only 1 tube 36w-40w

OSRAM diagram should be Live and Neutral. there are 2 holes on left and 8 holes on right

4 holes for 2 connector - 1 tube

8 holes for 4 connector - 2 tubes

i need help on how should i place my ON/OFF switch?

hi bro,

i ve never try looping........but u can try. the most, it will not fire up.... :D i only know straight forward wiring.......... :)

bro.. straight forward wiring can only used up to 2 T5 tube.. i need another eballast for my the other tube or maybe future 4th tube

but i cant possible use 2 x 3 pin plug for 2 eballast right?

• SRC Member
Is the wiring diagram right?

Cos I dun seem to recall the one on my OSRAM looking like that.

The instructions (diagram) are printed on the eballast and which brand are you using?

Just need someone to confirm this as I'm not too sure.

OSram T5 eballasts are rated with a single wattage not a range. eg. 39watt or 24 watt. He should be using the elbiru one

oh...ok.

ur on off switch will be at the end wire.......if there are 3 pins on the switch, one will be the earth....

pls see below....hopes u can understand.

I tot it isn't safe to put the switch on the neutral wire... tot it was safer on the live wire....

Because if we were to switch the lights off... it doesn't cut they supply of electricity to the lighting just merely breaking the circuit. doesn't that mean the piece of equipment is still 'LIVE'. Tot it wasn't safe

Or maybe my electrical knowledge isn't good :erm:

• SRC Member

I tot it isn't safe to put the switch on the neutral wire... tot it was safer on the live wire....

Because if we were to switch the lights off... it doesn't cut they supply of electricity to the lighting just merely breaking the circuit. doesn't that mean the piece of equipment is still 'LIVE'. Tot it wasn't safe

Or maybe my electrical knowledge isn't good :erm:

Yup, Vanan is right about the position of the switch... should be connected to the live not nuetral..

• SRC Member

you can safely connect 2 ballasts to a single plug but pls make sure you are using those single core wires. The live and neutral connections are very close and if you are using those multi strand types, any stray strand may cause a short circuit and blow up the fuse.