DIY DI Water Purification System

May&Bruce

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

zorden....'will it leak out into the water"....yes when you build your DI system with the DI resin in the final stage, you need to have a wool filter (or similar) on the output side to stop the di rersin from comning out of the filter.

yep, Singapore water typically has an NO3 content of 5

Real reefs don't have glass bottoms....(...think about it)

• SRC Member

Hi guys! so far only 3 wanting to DIY the unit. Shall we proceed or wait till more to sign up?

1) Shootsimon

2) Anthony

3) zorden

4) May&Bruce (only the resin)

5) Blenny (only the resin)

6) rickster88888 (only the resin)

Shall we nominate a place for the DIY?

And shall we meet to buy the DIY parts?

Can you guys PM me your contact so we can call and confirm? :lol:

• SRC Member

oi..but i can provide the collection when u guys Transfer $$ to me..but need someone to write in to the sales...department of the various company to request for the products..

or is it bought off the shelf?

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
oi..but i can provide the collection when u guys Transfer $$ to me..but need someone to write in to the sales...department of the various company to request for the products..

or is it bought off the shelf?

Tot Bro Blenny is getting the resins and btw the number of people interested in the DIY not confirmed yet leh :o

So shall we conclude the number of people who wants the DIY the DI unit together, and the number of people who only wants to get the resins media?

• SRC Member

Hi guys just want to clarify that I am buying 25 litres of resin for my own use at US5.50 per litre. I dare not sell them because i do not know their quality. If you guys wants to take a risk I will release 10 litres for your DIY project but I cannot ensure the quality because I have not tried them yet. Do let me know if you guys require more. Hope that i am not offending anyone here. Cheers

• SRC Member

hey may and bruce, as mentioned earlier, i will put out 10 litres to anyone interested in this untested resins. with you taking 4 then the remaining 6 will be up for grabs. interested parties please do not pm me. let's keep it in the open because i do not want to be framed/blamed for any wrong doings. after what i have seen in some threads I an just taking precautions. hope you guys understand. Thanks

• SRC Member

I'll take the remaining 6L for the DIY project :D

Will share the cost with the rest who is joining in for the DIY project :P

BTW bruce how many litre do we need for 1 canister? Hope the 6 litre is enough for our project :huh:

Hi bro Blenny how to collect from you? Please keep me inform :lol::thanks:

• SRC Member
I'll take the remaining 6L for the DIY project :D

Will share the cost with the rest who is joining in for the DIY project :P

BTW bruce how many litre do we need for 1 canister? Hope the 6 litre is enough for our project :huh:

Hi bro Blenny how to collect from you? Please keep me inform :lol::thanks:

will update you once i receive the resins.

• SRC Member

Hi for those who are interested in the project please put you nick here hor.

1)shootsimon

2)Zorden

btw i can get a company to issue po but the problem is...is it safe for drinking if not i will be using for my fishy only

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

Hi guys, just a word of caution, resins will degrade over time if not stored in cool and dehumidified enclosure. Even if stored in said conditions, the resins will not perform 100% if more than 6-8 months. Thus, don't order too much for storage...if not waste money. ;)

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder