Are you interested in the reefer's gathering?

Are you interested in the reefer's gathering?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in the reefer's gathering?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know what you are talking about

• SRC Member

to be honest nothing wrong to be attention seekers... in fact every human will have a certain level of recognition and attention seeking... which suppose to boast our self esteem and confidence...

we will feel good when we are being praised or our hard work is being appreciated... so it is ok...

just that our friend has top off the balance that all.... but hey.. we all make mistake and go off course ... the most important thing is to sail back to the balance line.... and proceed with life.... nothing serious in actual fact.... so take things easy.. ya...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I share hmkui's sentiments.

Let's give BH a break and not get too personal. If we feel that we can do better by all means volunteer your services to make things even better. It's always easier said than done! Unless we are actually involved, we would never fully understand the real situation, nor would we appreciate the effort, time and energy put in.

If we have any great ideas to share by all means let other members of SRC know what you have. Many are already doing so unselfishly. If we have nothing to share or contribute let's at least be appreciative of what they have done.

Life would be so pleasant and wonderful if we can be nice to one another.

I have not seen this thread until now and am amazed that this was what made BH do his 'farewell speech'.

I think what I see here is a undoubtedly a major dampener for someone so enthusiastic in HELPING to organize something for the majority of people he doesn't even know personally.

Talk about a thankless job!

Much as most of you don't know BH personally, it is so easy to pick on what he has posted and bring up his faults and express your ire on his ways of communication. He's only 16 but already unselfish enough to want to serve.

If you think he wants to take major credit, or 'blow his trumpet', I'll give you the inside story... he did a LOT of work for this.

I did the last Anthony Calfo visit and now he's doing the next... with my blessings and acknowledgement.

I think you should all take a step back and seek clarification before painting him as a NATO fraud.

FYI, this upcoming event is organized not for BH's benefit BUT for SG reefers. He has spent his time communicating with AC, come up with a proposal and even met me to discuss the event and all. I have posted a confirmation on BH's help before but maybe you have overlooked my endorsement?

I may be busy but the interests of SG reefers are not far from my mind. BH is functioning to assist SRC bring AC in. For YOUR benefit!

Not sure... PLS ASK! There WILL be answers!

If BH cannot be made a spokesperson and to poll for response, then who will volunteer to get things done??

I'm already encouraging him to keep his chin up and take the shots but even a boxer needs to recover. Please give him a break!!

FYI, the chaeto bunch was given to me by Anthony as a gift and I shared it to BH to spend time to grow it enough to do what ever he wanted with the excess growth. If he wanted to sell it, and there are willing buyers, why gripe??

Just a few months before I BOUGHT a bunch of chaeto imported from the US, spending a LOT more to get an even smaller bunch that what BH sold. What's the big deal??

For you detractors, why don't you pick up the baton and continue what BH is doing? Sigh... it's always easier to complain and criticise.

As what was mentioned, he is only doing the email comms with AC. There is the fund raising from AC's book and poster sales that needs to be done. I have yet to find the volunteers to organize this.

Things to do also:

1. Raising Funds for AC's basic accomodations and economy airfare from his materials.

2. Finding a suitable venue.

3. Finding the propagation tools, equipment, livestock.

4. Organising the people

5. Advertising and promotions for the event.

6. Logistics.

7. Hosting expenses and transport arrangments for our guest.

8. Finding corporate sponsorship to cover other costs.

9. Arranging his materials to be flown over, collected, distributed and sold.

If you are all expecting BH to do this alone.... dream on.

This is team work and the first stage of getting him to agree to come down is done for BH. PLEASE GIVE HIM KUDOS for this.

I would like to see those who shot him down step up to be part of this committee & work force to see this event through. And then show the poor boy how a PROPER person should talk and behave. :whistle

Do I have some hands?? :evil: IF not, just speak less harshly and counsel, not criticize and condemn. Nobody's perfect.

AT

• 1 month later...

Pardon me for not being current and ujpdated. Any dates/venue set for the reef gathering? Or has the idea been shelved? I would like very much to attend it ,pending the schedule..... the vote has been fairly successful (for those who bothered to cast their vote) I have met some fellow reefers who had bought some chaeto's from me and our chats, there seem to be alot of interest in this hobby.will be a good opportunity to meet up/share some ideas

vipersig.jpg