• Seachem
    • Tropic Marin
    • Marine Environment
    • Instant Ocean
    • Aquamedic Salt
    • Kent Marine
    • Oceanic
    • Others

There is more to salt than just the basic parameters like pH, kH, Ca or Mg. The amount of heavy metals present in the salt mix in proportion to natural seawater value should not be neglected. Other elements that are often neglected include Sr and Br.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

There is more to salt than just the basic parameters like pH, kH, Ca or Mg. The amount of heavy metals present in the salt mix in proportion to natural seawater value should not be neglected. Other elements that are often neglected include Sr and Br.

i agree....

but i have yet to know of any reefer that went the extra mile to test for metal,Sr and Br in the salts they use. Most just trust the product they buy.

moreover, i am only contesting the statement that golfmac made about cheap things no being good and high price must be an assurance of quality.

• SRC Member
How about Red Sea? Anybody using this brand / have used b4?

Used before.Doesn't rerally dissolve that well.Then i switched to ME cause it dissolves well and it is just right for reef ecosystem.

Anyone tried using CoralMarine salt made by the same producers of ME which is AquaCraft.I find that this salt is a bit low in the calcium.That is why sometimes i am scared to change the water cause of the low calcium lvs might affect my clam and staghorns.

girlone.png

• SRC Member
Used before.Doesn't rerally dissolve that well.Then i switched to ME cause it dissolves well and it is just right for reef ecosystem.

Anyone tried using CoralMarine salt made by the same producers of ME which is AquaCraft.I find that this salt is a bit low in the calcium.That is why sometimes i am scared to change the water cause of the low calcium lvs might affect my clam and staghorns.

Thanks angelfishlover bro! I will avoid this brand..haha

l7304smr.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member
Anybody tried Reefmax? Just curious.

I used coralife...does not really dissolved easily, so i have to put a pump and run the water for 1-2days before using, but still see some remaining salt at the bottom.

Think i will switch to tropic marin next month since the feedback is good. ME salt cannot find...AM got sell, but have to travel to Tg Katong.

Order 3 bags of ME , AM delivers free.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
besides the slow dissolve rate for Red Sea salt,

anything else about it that is not good????

Tried Redsea coral pro salt..and the result not bad, Mg,CA, pH is within spec.

if want better dissolve...I advice to use Oceanics but low Mg.

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• 4 months later...
  • SRC Member
Tried Redsea coral pro salt..and the result not bad, Mg,CA, pH is within spec.

if want better dissolve...I advice to use Oceanics but low Mg.

have used tropic marine (not the reef pro).

mag = 1050

calcium = 365

ph = 8.4

kh = 9.6

hmm, might change to redsea coral pro to try

Been using Redsea pro for more than 2 years now. Not an issue. Dissolve a bit slow. After stir for a minute, need to leave it for another 5 minutes for the water to be clear again. Will not clump like coralife, unless your hands are wet when scooping the salt. :eyeblur:

Just do water change every week, add adequate animo acids, magnesium, calcium, strontium, iodine, should be good enough.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member
Been using Redsea pro for more than 2 years now. Not an issue. Dissolve a bit slow. After stir for a minute, need to leave it for another 5 minutes for the water to be clear again. Will not clump like coralife, unless your hands are wet when scooping the salt. :eyeblur:

Just do water change every week, add adequate animo acids, magnesium, calcium, strontium, iodine, should be good enough.

bro, one question, if you do water change everyweek, and the paremeters are good for the red sea coral pro salt, how come still need to add the additives.

bro, one question, if you do water change everyweek, and the paremeters are good for the red sea coral pro salt, how come still need to add the additives.

maybe he has a lot of corals... need to supplement....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

The salt does not have all the trace elements or iodine.

My sps, coraline algae sucks lots of calcium and magnesium as well.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Yea. Me using H2ocean pro salt for my sps tank. So far so good :)

I read on reefcentral that H2ocean is OEM from Red Sea factory, i.e both salt come from same factory but the respective companies boost the big 3 parameters Ca, Alk, Mg using their own formula.