bristtle worm free

godzillaliu88

I read before that camel shrimps eat these worms. I tried to kill my worms before and I have posted quite a lot of rants here. :o I found the best way is to starve them. Put the LRs in a dark pail for weekS. Change the water every week. You'll find them dead outside the LRs. ;)

(~ cci[RR]us ~)
A pair of Nemos :: Deep Sand Bed
Solite 2x24W T5 :: Prizm Skimmer with Overflow attachment

• SRC Member

I'm keeping a six line and a diamond goby and some others....

The last time I saw a bristle worm, it is half way inside my goby mouth.

Anyway, I do miss them however.....

always like some garbage eaters.... :P

I heard six line also makan flat worms, about their behaviour, so far so good, nv disturb anyone, rather depending on individual.

• SRC Member

wah

the cooking of rocks is so troublesome, can't imagine cooking LR for anything more than a 3 footer in a HDB flat, no space comfirmed

anyway, i saw my bicolor blenny gobble up something that resembles a worm, i guess it must have been a worm because i hadnt fed the tank at all that day

eh ccirrus...thought your best and most effective was when you nuked them with the boiling water?

The problem: I don't have a pot to boil the rocks! I only have plastic buckets, and since I'm not in a hurry, I might as well do it the more conventional way. :D I have starved them for 1 month already. ;)

(~ cci[RR]us ~)

Some of my personal views about bristleworms:

1. Bristleworm when starved may attack corals, anemones and snails. I saw bristleworms fight it out with my snails, I tried to intervene and it was ok. Next day, the snail died with a thick layer of mucus. When I try to kill bristleworms, they also secrete the same mucus to "hurt" my pincers. Those pests! :evil:

2. When you move your LRs, they may bite you and your fingers will swell up. My uncle's fingers got bitten thrice, and after the 3 time, the swelling never subside. He has a big finger now. Sad. :(

3. They dig LRs instead of digging your sandbed.

4. They steal food from my sun corals and aiptasia.

5. They are unpleasant looking and gives me the creeps (subjective). Mine were so starved such that they went prowling in the day, when they sense food juices in the water. Although my tank is not perfect or elegant, but the worms really have a great impact on its aesthetics. :sick:

(~ cci[RR]us ~)

• SRC Member
us,Feb 24 2006, 12:45 AM] Some of my personal views about bristleworms:

1. Bristleworm when starved may attack corals, anemones and snails. I saw bristleworms fight it out with my snails, I tried to intervene and it was ok. Next day, the snail died with a thick layer of mucus. When I try to kill bristleworms, they also secrete the same mucus to "hurt" my pincers. Those pests! :evil:

2. When you move your LRs, they may bite you and your fingers will swell up. My uncle's fingers got bitten thrice, and after the 3 time, the swelling never subside. He has a big finger now. Sad. :(

3. They dig LRs instead of digging your sandbed.

4. They steal food from my sun corals and aiptasia.

5. They are unpleasant looking and gives me the creeps (subjective). Mine were so starved such that they went prowling in the day, when they sense food juices in the water. Although my tank is not perfect or elegant, but the worms really have a great impact on its aesthetics. :sick:

haha... maybe diff worm diff personalities lol... mine din do that...

anyway... i saw my blue devil damsel holding on to a bristle worm which is 2" long...

i think the 1 which eat ur coral is a coral-eating fireworm(hermodice carunculata)...

the biting part i dunno... but i noe their bristle can drop off and it's venom-tipped and it can cause inflammation.......

btw.. bro.. y r u keeping aiptasia??? they r pest anemone leh.. will sting ur coral..

they can even kill anemone with their sting...

• SRC Member
i've got a blue devil damsel. not sure if it had eaten the creepy crawlers

didnt see the worms for sometime.

aiptasia, keep it a distance away from other pretty anemone can rite?

ooo but if ur tank have nutrients and well-fed, it will multipy quickly...

suggest u remove it... its a pest...

what creature can remove it ?

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W