MH Light Set

FYI. do not get a light set that is using DHF-27w GX10q 12000k blue.

Photo taken from http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46927

why ?

The replacement bulb is not in production ?

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

ya loh. :(

today went down to Jln kuyu to get some spare once use up have to mod liao.

that's really bad . hate the feeling of wanting to buy something but like no matter how u try to find it also cannot find bacause it's out of production!

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

that's really bad . hate the feeling of wanting to buy something but like no matter how u try to find it also cannot find bacause it's out of production!

Now I'm facing another problem is, how am I going to get a blub that is blue in colour and about the same size to fit in my Atman MP1000 casing. T5 and 8 can forget it.

how about those 13w PL??

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

I have checked around but having problem to find a blue one. only LFS have but don't have the size I want. :(

i have saw pasir ris fish farm area selling dymax PL from 11watts to 55 watts regardless white , blue or blue white.

not too sure that whether they are sustainable , meaning still in production .

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

• SRC Member

i have saw pasir ris fish farm area selling dymax PL from 11watts to 55 watts regardless white , blue or blue white.

not too sure that whether they are sustainable , meaning still in production .

As long it can fit into the 6" reflector then I won't have a problem liao. And still in production for a long time.

• SRC Member
Hi,

I'm thinking of upgrading my T5 light set to 2X150w MH w T5 3ft light set.

Can any bro here recommend me which brand to look for?

Is T5 4 x 54W enough for my 5 2 2 tank. I intend to keep coral (lps, soft) and fishes too.? Do I really need a MH? If I need how many do i need, 2 or 3?

• SRC Member

Is T5 4 x 54W enough for my 5 2 2 tank. I intend to keep coral (lps, soft) and fishes too.? Do I really need a MH? If I need how many do i need, 2 or 3?

your tank volume is close to 600 litres, thats means about 150gallons (1 gallon being 3.9 litres, about 4)

your current wattage is 212 watts total output, that is only slightly more than 1 watt per gallon.

1-2 watt per gallon should be alright for soft corals

2-3 watts per gallon min. for LPS

4-5 watts per gallon for sps and clams

however your tank is 5 2 2 meaning the depth is 2 feet deep, it would be hard for <150mh intensity to reach the bottom. (i am not saying u cant see the bottom but rather the intensity at the bottom may not be ideal.

so i think you need MH for your 5 ft tank u would be looking at 3x150 MH or 2x250MH. The formula laid down by the more senior reefers here are one mh for every 2ft, but since you are keeping less light intensive corals then its alright for 2x250.

if u going to use mh then cannot go straight into 8-10 hour photoperiod, it may bleach your corals using high intensity right away, you will need to slowly increase the photoperiod daily from the previous day to acclimatise your corals.

some web sites to check out

http://saltaquarium.about.com/cs/lighting/l/aa031300b.htm

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marlgtganthony.htm

hope this helps... :lol: