1 feet nanocube

nightdust

• SRC Member

guys

my finger leather has been "down" for 4 days re.. could it be dead? its looking abit greenish..

as far as i know their regeneration period should last only 2 days..

also.. can someone explain to me how to do a proper freshwater dip treatment ? its for fishes with ich issit?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

guys i bought the biohome and carbon thing re.. hope my tank condition improves~~

the girl at the shop said purigen is not impt wan so i didnt buy first.. wads ya opinion?

anyway do you guys think that for a 1 nanocube.. is it necessary to manual feed the corals or i pour in can liao since its so small?

anyway jervismum : i bought my thermometer re.. it measures 26 degrees at 5.30pm.. i turned off my air con since 10.30am.. is it good enough?

comments comments :D

• SRC Member
guys i bought the biohome and carbon thing re.. hope my tank condition improves~~

the girl at the shop said purigen is not impt wan so i didnt buy first.. wads ya opinion?

anyway do you guys think that for a 1 nanocube.. is it necessary to manual feed the corals or i pour in can liao since its so small?

anyway jervismum : i bought my thermometer re.. it measures 26 degrees at 5.30pm.. i turned off my air con since 10.30am.. is it good enough?

comments comments :D

Hrm, 26 degrees is great~ But make sure your water temperature doesn't fluctuates too much within the day. High temperature changes will cause your LS and especially inverts stress.

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

26ºC is great!!! In fact, my tank (with chiller) only set at 27ºC!!! Wow ur aircon very "powderful", lol. But do not get too excited... as highlighted by bro Qxn earlier... the real success comes when you can maintain an acceptable level throughout the day... not fluctuating more than 2ºC. Any changes more than that can simply feels like our room suddenly turn into a sauna...

What time u on your light? Coz, to minimize fluctuation, I will on my light at night... I know it sounds odd, but by doing so, u will balance the day and night difference. At night, the light will act like a heater, heating ur water to avoid it dropping too low... say 24ºC or 25ºC in the middle of the night... anyway, tell us ur light timing... then we can work it out :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
26ºC is great!!! In fact, my tank (with chiller) only set at 27ºC!!! Wow ur aircon very "powderful", lol. But do not get too excited... as highlighted by bro Qxn earlier... the real success comes when you can maintain an acceptable level throughout the day... not fluctuating more than 2ºC. Any changes more than that can simply feels like our room suddenly turn into a sauna...

What time u on your light? Coz, to minimize fluctuation, I will on my light at night... I know it sounds odd, but by doing so, u will balance the day and night difference. At night, the light will act like a heater, heating ur water to avoid it dropping too low... say 24ºC or 25ºC in the middle of the night... anyway, tell us ur light timing... then we can work it out  :)

you mean 24-25 degree is too cold for the ls and corals?

anyway i didnt turn on my air con at all for the whole day cos i was out when my tank measured for 26degrees

i will check my tank temperature around 2am cos thats when my room feel the coldest until 6am .. i usually switch on my lights at 12pm or 11am earliest and switch it off at 12-12.30 am... but i dun exactly switch it off cos i will leave the two LED light throughout the night till i switch on the main lights..

i heard this method helps to balance the pH of my tank.. is it true?

anyway i fed my plate coral with chopped prawns and it became like this~!!

bloated up alot lo .. is it normal? :lol:

post-69-1144765233.jpg

Nah... 24-25ºC is okay for corals... it's just that the hottest might be a big difference... but if ur hottest is 26ºC, then I guess it's ok. You should run ur lights on timer... must on and off at the same time every day, it's more natural that way.

Be careful when u dose ur whole tank with coral food coz without a skimmer, it is extremely hard to remove overdosing (unless emergency water change). Just my 2 cents :-)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Nah... 24-25ºC is okay for corals... it's just that the hottest might be a big difference... but if ur hottest is 26ºC, then I guess it's ok. You should run ur lights on timer... must on and off at the same time every day, it's more natural that way.

Be careful when u dose ur whole tank with coral food coz without a skimmer, it is extremely hard to remove overdosing (unless emergency water change). Just my 2 cents :-)

yeah actually i thinking dosing the whole cap of coral food is for either lazy people or they have a big tank with lots of corals... but i still trying to find out whats the proper way to manual feed..

i got a syringe and i push it gently above the corals but i see the coral food floating upwards so IMO the coral isnt feed the full amount that i pushed out..

like that feed correct ma?

Off the pump... so the food will stay in place a little longer... I think target feed is more effective than dosing the entire tank... again depending of what kinda corals u keep, if for Zoos lol... don't bother. Also, not all corals rely heavily on additional food source coz they can generate their own thru photosynthesis. If u on your light for 12 hours... shrooms and zoos can take care of themselves. I only target feed my Blue Sea Fan and Sun Coral.

And I don't usually dose the whole tank. When I feed my Sea Fan and Sun, the leftovers will also benefit the others... that's all and my other corals look very healthy :D

A medium size Sun Coral cost around $15. Shouldn't pay more than that unless the colony is big or already opened in the LFS tank. Clam... em... not sure ur lighting can support it... do check with other bros... I heard the more common ones, Tridacna Crocea requires the most light... normally T5 or MH.

Think twice before getting ok? Coz a decaying clam can crash your tank easily.

• SRC Member

crocea clams, i heard from a bro who has been reefing for the last 12 years... told me its the least light intesnive. following wich maximus clams are the hardest to keep, needing MH. he has kept croceas in his tank for years with only FL tubes. and they are ok...

and this is from a very reliable source, my favourite LFS to go to... AM!!!!

Emm... perhaps I was told wrongly about Croceas being the most demanding when it comes to light... well, that's good to hear coz I have 2 Croceas on my sand bed :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
crocea clams, i heard from a bro who has been reefing for the last 12 years... told me its the least light intesnive. following wich maximus clams are the hardest to keep, needing MH. he has kept croceas in his tank for years with only FL tubes. and they are ok...

and this is from a very reliable source, my favourite LFS to go to... AM!!!!

haha, i know who you got the info from

:ph34r:

upgrade to MH la colin, then can keep those cute cute little maximas already

:lol:

• SRC Member
haha... it looked like a ballon gonna to burst lol... :lol::lol:

Just kapoh a bit.. it has been like this for how long lio huh?

well i really tot it was gonna burst :lol: it has shrink abit liao.. still look abit puffy but i guess its normal ...

btw: ya have any nice shrooms for sale? ;)