1 feet nanocube

nightdust

• SRC Member
A medium size Sun Coral cost around $15. Shouldn't pay more than that unless the colony is big or already opened in the LFS tank. Clam... em... not sure ur lighting can support it... do check with other bros... I heard the more common ones, Tridacna Crocea requires the most light... normally T5 or MH.

Think twice before getting ok? Coz a decaying clam can crash your tank easily.

like so hard to keep hor.. somemore i dun think my tank suitable for MH.. guess gotta drop the clam idea liao..

anyway i'd like to find out..

does electric blue legged hermit crab eat cleaner shrimps?

cos mine shrimp disappeared soon after i introduced the crab to my tank.. i couldnt even find the corpse so i assume the crab must had eaten it.. possible?

cos i wan my fishes to enjoy cleaning services but not with the danger of losing it..

$8 a piece very heart pain wan leh <_<

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
lol, a little misunderstanding with 'Honda'

anyway, dont think hermits will eat cleaner shrimps, shrimps are too fast for them

my cleaner and fires have been living with crabs since the day they were intro-ed into the tank

cheers

den i really wonder what happened to my cleaner shirimp cos it disappeared overnight <_<

• SRC Member
26ºC is great!!! In fact, my tank (with chiller) only set at 27ºC!!! Wow ur aircon very "powderful", lol. But do not get too excited... as highlighted by bro Qxn earlier... the real success comes when you can maintain an acceptable level throughout the day... not fluctuating more than 2ºC. Any changes more than that can simply feels like our room suddenly turn into a sauna...

What time u on your light? Coz, to minimize fluctuation, I will on my light at night... I know it sounds odd, but by doing so, u will balance the day and night difference. At night, the light will act like a heater, heating ur water to avoid it dropping too low... say 24ºC or 25ºC in the middle of the night... anyway, tell us ur light timing... then we can work it out :)

jervismum

comfirm liao my tank temperature.

at night wheni on air con it will be at 24 degrees

and afternoon will be 26 degrees

:D

hopefully the thermometer accurate wan :lol:

• SRC Member

his jewel is tumouric.... there is like another 3 more lumps... lol..

we decided to get it as it was looking healthy despite the 4 lumps on it... we were actually hoping that the lumps will drop off the main jewel...

:evil:

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member
his jewel is tumouric.... there is like another 3 more lumps... lol..

we decided to get it as it was looking healthy despite the 4 lumps on it... we were actually hoping that the lumps will drop off the main jewel...

:evil:

well the first one dropped but i prefer to call it split haha sound more natural :whistle

come back liao come see my baby jewel k.. anything thats small is so cute :eyebrow:

ps: notice the two mushroom behind the bigger jewel? it actually opened so nicely.. i tot it was gonna die then :lol:

Wow bro, the temperature over your side is very good leh! Can drop to 24ºC in day time... amazing!

Next time, also tell us the room temperature, ok?

The splitting is very fascinating... can start selling the frags already, lol.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Wow bro, the temperature over your side is very good leh! Can drop to 24ºC in day time... amazing!

Next time, also tell us the room temperature, ok?

The splitting is very fascinating... can start selling the frags already, lol.

too small to sell la... its only like slightly bigger than a thumb :D

but its really cute!

anyone can tell me what is this?

raydiativce had a look and he told me it could a anemone growing on the rock

aptasia ?

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10