Open Brain Corals easy to keep ??

Regal

I place mine on the sandbed under PL+T5s in moderate-high current.

Feed occassionally to maintain its colours, preferably fish meat. If it is seen expelling Zooanthellae, its doing great.

Not to be kept around angels or butterflies of course.

• SRC Member

Feed occassionally to maintain its colours, preferably fish meat. If it is seen expelling Zooanthellae, its doing great.

Yup, saw my open brain squitting out some red stuff and my bubble also do that and my blue tang happily eating them :blink: . And i had a major ops last mth after seeing my angel pecking on the open brain. Basically shifted out all my corals and LRs juz to catch the bugger. :pinch: and gave to my fren's FOWLR but i nvr feed any fish meat juz put couple of drops of liquid corals food into the tank weekly

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member
:unsure: Just to find out whather Open Brain Coarls , green or Red easy to keep ??? Where should they place it , bottom of the tank ?????? :thanks:  :thanks:  :thanks:

Seen mostly on sandbed. Mine is on the rock. N they rocks. :wub:;)

Bevor Sie das Licht sehen, müssen Sie sterben!

• SRC Member
:unsure: Just to find out whather Open Brain Coarls , green or Red easy to keep ??? Where should they place it , bottom of the tank ?????? :thanks::thanks::thanks:

pratas are easy to keep. Just make sure you don't keep them with any angels, dwarf or full sized ones.

Wat nonsense...it's in horrible state if it is to expelling zooxanthellae. Corals only expel zooxanthellae when they are stressed....or if you are OVERFEEDING them with protein based foods.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Wat nonsense...it's in horrible state if it is to expelling zooxanthellae. Corals only expel zooxanthellae when they are stressed....or if you are OVERFEEDING them with protein based foods.

I beg your pardon Fuel, most of us will appreciate a little courtesy in the Forum.

And may I remind you that you are in no position to judge my comments if you have not gotten an understanding of the full picture.

I do admit I do pamper my corals a little, but is overfeeding them essentially a bad thing?