Soul's New Tank

Soul

• SRC Member

Anemone got pricked by my urchin stuck below it (also dunno how it got below), realsed toxins and killed 6 fishes 3 corals.

After changing 3/4 of water and throwing the dead paremeters went back to stable.

Heres some pics after major rescaping, managed to catch out the 2 bully damsels i had. Replenished some corals i managed to pick at low tide at the island i work at. (Made me wonder why i spent money buying during the first few weeks i started the tank)

post-34-1153724120.jpg

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which island u work at? :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

What what island you work at can get Pink Zoos during low tide... let me guess... Fiji or Tonga? :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
What what island you work at can get Pink Zoos during low tide... let me guess... Fiji or Tonga? :D

Lets just say its one of the islands near Sentosa lah .... got more corals today. But i very heart pain, was trying to trim the stem of the sps to fit a hole, secully dropped the bugger and it broke into 3 now look like shit! *haiz*

• SRC Member

Anyway got 3 more gems from the shore this morning after finishing work, a palm sized orange(i think) plate, a colony of super beautiful 'Y' shaped hammers (lime green/pink tipped) and a monti plate (I think).

I will have to stop collecting corals for now, need to start epoxying the corals properly as i'm running out of space and ideas to place the corals. *Haiz*

Pic of hammer yet to fully open

post-34-1153973283.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro, your work place got opening or not?

Can pick up some chio coral, no need to buy.. :P

Saw the squirel fish, I suggest you get rid of it as you have invertebrate

and small fishes. This hungry burger is not reef safe, you will find lesser

inhabitant in due time.

Bro Soul can help me keep a look out for Pink and Orange Gonio? Do you drive to work (or at least to the ferry terminal)... if not we can do CAR POOL hor... :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Bro Soul can help me keep a look out for Pink and Orange Gonio? Do you drive to work (or at least to the ferry terminal)... if not we can do CAR POOL hor... :lol:

Bro Soul, now you have alot of buddy and more to come....... :ph34r:

• SRC Member

This is not monti but cup coral or tubirinara. ;)

Yup i just found out its not a monti yesterday b4 u posted also, heres some info about it

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di....cfm?pCatId=521

The squirel fish so far is a friendly fella, sometimes chase away my purple flame while feeding but so far so good reef safe. Maybe get rid of it when its bigger lor. My tank only got 2 fishes i dowanna remove him later not only purple flame lonely i oso lonely wahahhaha!

The island i work at is a restricted place, not open to public. Its guarded by the police coast guards daily.

• SRC Member

U guys wont believe what i saw yesterday morning while picking the 3 gems i posted earlier, i came across an entire colony of about 15 plates on the sandbed. Some bigger than 2 palmsize! I chose the odd looking one of the bunch in the end.

Couldnt take more lah, packing them has always been a problem. My house run out of transparent bags for packing liaoz hahaha, maybe go get a whole packet soon lah. I'll post the pic of the plate later ..... to be continued~