Info on DIY LED Moonlight?

lightbolt75

I noticed there are alot of ppl wanting to DIY their own LED moonlights. Yes... we were told to buy from SIM LIM etc etc. But can any guys show us a step by step pic of how to do it? It will be so much clearer to us newbies than words alone. As they say, a pic tells a thousand words. Please include the place where u buy the parts, any special name for the parts and the cost if possible. Thnak you very much!!!! :bow::bow::bow:

• SRC Member

I've bought from sim lim tower a cased up of 3 led lights that cost $6. Just connect them to a 12VDC and screw them onto your hood. If u guys want picture, let me know :)

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• SRC Member
I've bought from sim lim tower a cased up of 3 led lights that cost $6. Just connect them to a 12VDC and screw them onto your hood. If u guys want picture, let me know :)

A pic would be great :lol:

• SRC Member

The Bazaar store at level 3 does not have new ones, and told me that i will be given those that are switched on / on display. Go to the one at basement floor. They also have pre-ready made led strips and also sell tubings to case them up. Will post a pic of the 3 led ones tonight :)

Best Regards,

Morpheous

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

• SRC Member

Hi Guys,

Here it goes....

post-9-1149599762.jpg

Best Regards,

Morpheous

My Ocean Pets:

• SRC Member

U can use self tapping screw to mount them or cable tie to hold them somewhere... hope it helps :D

Best Regards,

Morpheous

My Ocean Pets:

• SRC Member
The Bazaar store at level 3 does not have new ones, and told me that i will be given those that are switched on / on display. Go to the one at basement floor. They also have pre-ready made led strips and also sell tubings to case them up. Will post a pic of the 3 led ones tonight :)

Bro u got PM ;)

• SRC Member

I only remember its a corner one...

Rem to get new ones (packed in a plastic box), not those on display

Best Regards,

Morpheous

My Ocean Pets:

• 4 weeks later...
I noticed there are alot of ppl wanting to DIY their own LED moonlights. Yes... we were told to buy from SIM LIM etc etc. But can any guys show us a step by step pic of how to do it? It will be so much clearer to us newbies than words alone. As they say, a pic tells a thousand words. Please include the place where u buy the parts, any special name for the parts and the cost if possible. Thnak you very much!!!! :bow::bow::bow:

Actually what's the purpose of moonlight? Is it better to have our tank pitch dark or litted with moon light when all our house lights are off when we turn in for the nite?

:thanks:

• SRC Member

Actually what's the purpose of moonlight? Is it better to have our tank pitch dark or litted with moon light when all our house lights are off when we turn in for the nite?

:thanks:

To see your tank even when all the lights are off. Then you don't have to sneaky and use touch light lah.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png