23/06/2006 Big Tonga SPS shipment 9:30AM

I believe it's not the 1st time that this happen and apparently, since auntie is ok with it, ten we can't say anything much!

As u mentioned previously, next round, we will gather and chiong down 1 hr earlier to grab the good stuff 1st! ;)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha... not gone case yet... I was there 9.40am... already packed with Singaporeans... no Thais... so Singapore 6 - Thailand 0... but I was shocked by how "kiasu" Singaporeans are... very very bad attitude.

Let me explain:

1) They come in packs (GF tag along somemore)... so easily 6 pairs of hands

2) They will strip open the white styrofoam boxes

3) They will pass the bags to each other... towards to their "reserved" tank

4) They will unpack quickly and put all into their "reserved" tank (imagine those blue tubs... full leh... easily 40 pieces)

5) They will gather around the "reserved" tank

6) They will wait for the polyps to open (apparently they quite free)

7) They then remove those they don't like

8) They only take a few pieces in the end (I presume as I left... but they can't possibly take all the 40 to 50 pieces).

What you guys think?

So you seen it too. I of them was wearing a another forum Polo T somemore.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

So you seen it too. I of them was wearing a another forum Polo T somemore.

Yeah I saw that Polo-T also... but I guess this is a natural reaction to the Thais... we were all too stress out by them... that's why we now attack each other... haiz... dunno when this will end... I feel very stress there lor... high blood pressure :lol: It's bad coz I can't think properly lor... way too impulsive ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Sssshhhhhh!!!!! Not so loud they're in this forum too.

They should forbid their members from wearing that Polo-T when acting like Hyenas... but again... it's a very competitive situation lor... and because they move in a pack, so whatever they do is amplified by 10 times!!! Next time if we are to go in as a group... people will be intimidated by us also :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

They should forbid their members from wearing that Polo-T when acting like Hyenas... but again... it's a very competitive situation lor... and because they move in a pack, so whatever they do is amplified by 10 times!!! Next time if we are to go in as a group... people will be intimidated by us also :lol:

Then I have to borrow the mechanical arms from Dr. Octo of Spiderman 2. hehehehe

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

the usual kia su singaporean... makes me feel ashamed when i see the behaviours of my countrymen especially when overseas..... failure of the education system

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

And we were like cursing and swearing the Thais :o

Those who are thinking of ways to counter-act those kiasu singaporeans, what makes u any different from them then?

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

Those who are thinking of ways to counter-act those kiasu singaporeans, what makes u any different from them then?

Hv u been there 2 see how they behaviour/ react?

In my opinion... it is quite a "disgrace" in front of the Thais :( They must've joke about us back home :(

Yup, i was there. No doubt i was disgusted by Singaporeans. But if others start thinking of ways to be earlier than them or to outnumber them, will there be any difference from them? <_<

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

Actually being EARLY and in LARGE GROUP is okay with me... what I find disgusting is the way they take advantage over the situation. They took all the specimens from the styrofoam boxes, put them all in their "reserved" tank. They all hang around there for hours, slowly remove those that they dislike... in the end probably go home with 3 to 4 frags each (by the time I left, they have at least 40 frags inside their "reserved" tank)... but during the process they disrupted other reefers from getting access to those frags... I considered myself a victim this morning... I don't even got a chance to peep in their "reserved" tank coz they will get 3 to 4 to surround the tank while the rest bring more bags :(

• Moderators

I totally agreed with Jervis. I reach there with Bro Colin around 10.15am.

If you the Thai is bad. We are worst off. The behviour is definitely not the kind of gracious society the government is encouraging.

We have to wait for nearly 1 hour before we can even see what is left in the "reserved" tank.

Definitely, the group is from the other forum as their polo T gave away their identity.

So, if we want other country people to respect us. Please respect your own countrymen first.

I will definitely not rush down to any shipment like this in future.

No offence. Just my thoughts.

Tom

Hi all,

The another forum Polo Tee was open for sale to any member who is keen to purchase one when we started the bulk order several months ago. You do not need to be a representative or staff of another forum OnLine to be able to purchase one. The procurement of our forum's Polo tee also do not equate to the owner being a representative of another forum.

May I remind everyone that many of the members here in SRC are members in another forum and vice versa, with many members from both forums knowing one another as this is a small community. To label this so-called group of people to be from another forum and to implicate that these "undesirable people" to be solely our members may be a tad too unfair.

Before anyone is too quick in pointing the finger in our direction, may I ask if anyone has fully ascertain the identities of all the people of this said group? My guess is that probably 3/4 of the people in this group, and even possibly the person wearing the another forum Polo Tee is a member in SRC too.

I now recall, there was a time in SRC when SRC members complained about other SRC members who behaved "undesirably" during shipments time by using their "big backsides" to block the tubs. This "undesirable" behaviour was not concieved in our forum it now seems.

All said, shipment times are exciting times, when everyone is excited about possibly getting a nice coral/fish specimen and may not be aware of the inconvenience that one might be causing to others, I'm pretty certain if anyone would ask for passage to the tanks/tubs to view its contents would have been given space, despite it being really crowded during shipment times... If everyone could exercise a little bit more consideration for everyone, I guess it would be a much nicer experience for everyone. :)

Cheers and Reef On!!

RAV-65 aka Vanquish

Forum Administrator

another forum OnLine

www.another forum

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Guys it's my fault... I notified Vanquish with the following intentions:

1) To notify him since he's the boss (he should be informed esp. when it comes to things that has his forum name printed on)

2) Perhaps he knows who the culprit is and may wanna take action

But what I didn't expect him to do is to write the above message... I am deeply disappointed by his response to the matter and I must apologize to you guys for notifying him in the first place. I guess he misunderstood my good intentions.

:bow::bow::bow:

Jervis, Chill...

All shipment is like that one. reefers are kangiong becos they want to get the best. U also want the best right. U will get use to it. I have seen it numerous times, so there is no need to get upset abt it. Take it as a pinch of salt.

Guys it's my fault... I notified Vanquish with the following intentions:

1) To notify him since he's the boss (he should be informed esp. when it comes to things that has his forum name printed on)

2) Perhaps he knows who the culprit is and may wanna take action

But what I didn't expect him to do is to write the above message... I am deeply disappointed by his response to the matter and I must apologize to you guys for notifying him in the first place. I guess he misunderstood my good intentions.

:bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Jervis,

Fret not, even if you do not inform me, I'll be notified sooner or later... :P

I do not know who the person is, and even if I do, what action can I take? He is a member of our forum, not an employee whom we can "take action against".

I've posted here as certain individuals have been very quick in pointing their fingers in our direction implicating that our members are inconsiderate when actually this person may well be a member of SRC as well.

At the same time, I also remind everyone that such incidents have long surfaced, way before even another forum was started, so for anyone to suggest such behaviour is concieved in our forum is grossly unfair and uncalled for.

My tone may be firm, but I only serve to defend the rest of our members who're generally an amiable bunch of like-minded hobbyists, it was never directed at you, or even majority of the members here in SRC, many whom I know personally.

Cheers! :peace:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

From this experience, I think Irwana themselves realize that allowing a select few customers to help themselves out of the shipping boxes is bad for business. Especially since not every piece of coral in the ‘reserved’ tank was going to be purchased immediately.

As far as the Thais, their conspicuous absence during this shipment could mean that they are going low-profile for awhile. The locals reefers are pretty miffed at them, as is apparent in the forums, and they probably have no desire at this point to jeopardize their business as ‘coral couriers’. But they will be back soon enough.

saltwateraquariumhobby.com -- a work in progress!

Haha don't need to be lucky lah. If you did it, you did it. If you did not do it, then don't worry about what you wear. another forum polo tee is just a generalised identification I guess....maybe next week they will wear SRC tee?

Why all the venom? Reefing is just a hobby, dude.

sometimes,when people dont get wat they wan,they will start all the things saying this no good n that no good.maybe,we should check on ourself first before saying others.don you guys think so?n if you did get something,then still complain for what?you have choosen yours n they have choosen theirs so whats there to complain?

sorry to pop my head into this situation, but...

its just a shipment, such a big issue? wanna see the true singaporean spirit? go for the Robinsons Sale. 9.30 Special. shutter only 30cm off the floor and everyone ( and i really mean everyone ) is crawling in through the shutter already. i used to work there...

that is the true singaporean spirit. embarrassing as it seems, but i guess our competitive nature has took the better of us all. but then, tis is wat make us so Uniquely Singapore. hahaha

chill ya bros! i was quite upset too, but then, end of the day, its juz a shipment.. plenty more to come in the future..

Do Unto Others What You Want Others to DO Unto You.