Feeding mushies and yumas

lorba

I tried feeding mu yumas and hairy mushroom with small pieces of market prawn. I do it by putting the meat near their bubbly body and they will sort of stick it. After that, they wrap the meat up and become like a char sew bun.

Am i doing the correct thing and is there anything else to take note?

What else can i use to feed them?

Can I do the same thing to lobo?

• SRC Member

i dun target feed my corals...i jus drip the marine snow mixed with freshwater...n all corals open happily....

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

Me too...marine snow is good stuff...coral is happy and growing.

I do feed my open brain and cynarina for fun...just very small piece of market prawn and once a week max...read somewhere in this forum that too much will kill the poor thing...very cute when they puff up like chai siao pao... :D

I dun target feed mushies but when they catch pellets/flakes they do wrap up like char siew bun so it's quite normal.

lyz: I off skimmer for 1 hour whenever I feed liquid food (marine snow/zooplankton). Follow the instructions on the bottle mah ;)

• SRC Member
Do you off your skimmer when using Marine Snow or other brands of food source?

i use the dripping method..so i dun off my skimmer..

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

How can I make my mushies and yumas grow beside light and low water flow?

I try feeding mysis to them but my cleaner shrimps will carry off the mysis before the mushies wrap up?

As feeding marine snow or coral (liquid)food may cause excess nourishment may cause unwanted algae or cyano, what should I do? ;)

• SRC Member

I dun think its wise to feed mysis to mushies and yumas.. you should be using plankton stuff..

I'm using reef-roid and Aquaz (can't remember the name.. some frozen stuff in a small green bottle)..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...