Old Timers reappearing ...

KingFish

• SRC Member

Thanks to rumour too :P

SRC is the first Marine forums i 've join. will always be here, great and fun forums to be in! though sometimes we got to leave the hobby for some reasons, we still hoping to come back whenever we can

:peace: Hi guys! I'm back! i'm still madly in love with SEAHORSE! :lol:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

after just about the longest time ever... i managed to get me back to singapore... Sure is nice to be back here in the forum again...

now getting approval from the wife to skick start me hobby again... :lol:

• SRC Member

:D

I remember last time this hobby is about passion, invention and obsession.

Seen lots of DIY stuff and the way we shared those info on DIY reactors, skimmers and stuff like these. Fishes and corals are all new to us and info are not easily found from the internet, thus makes sharing vital. Now all are easily available from the market.

I still remembered, searching for LFS in S'pore that deal with marine. A zap from yellow pages and off i went in search of corals and fishes.

:P

• SRC Member

old-timers.. man.. does that include me? :o.. me only 18yrs old... :paiseh:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
old-timers.. man.. does that include me? :o.. me only 18yrs old... :paiseh:

i remembered you as the anti-reef naturalize guy over @ aquarelm or aquaticquotient b 4 SRC was borned!!! :P

• SRC Member

i was never anti reef!!! :o ....

basket.. cannot act young also.. sigh... <_< u can always trust Hon to do this... :angry: pichar ppl lobang... :lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Look at the year I joined SRC....I m Old too

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

400w MH with 6 x 24w blue T5

Hydor wavemaker controller

Aquatronica controller

Daikin compressor with double coil

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

• SRC Member

I think RP made a very insightful point. There was alot more sharing, maybe due to the lack of knowledge, reefers depending more on knowledge and husbandry and on one-another to keep their passions going. And the DIY stuff made great sense, because... it was just as expensive for what you're getting today, only reefers had dreams that tech back then couldn't deliver.

I'd dare say the passion is still alive today, carried on by different ppl in different shoes. Today's equipment is gonna run on less and be smaller, but it will achieve the same, tomorrow's will be even smaller and hopefully take lesser to run while still delivering. Reefers turn on the web and forums with virtual faces for pointers instead of meeting face-to-face.

Here's wishing the best to all the 'Old Timers', may your early passions continue to inspire us all. :)

• SRC Member
I'd dare say the passion is still alive today, carried on by different ppl in different shoes. Today's equipment is gonna run on less and be smaller, but it will achieve the same, tomorrow's will be even smaller and hopefully take lesser to run while still delivering. Reefers turn on the web and forums with virtual faces for pointers instead of meeting face-to-face.

Here's wishing the best to all the 'Old Timers', may your early passions continue to inspire us all. :)

Come to think of it, that was the time that all those passions shown inspired me to take up challenge and cheonging corals and fishes.

Having said that, it is also this forum that generates interests and thus created market for LFS. I still remembered that reefers posted pictures of AT, then suddenly, demand went up in the market. Same as blastos, cynarinas, plata, etc.

These are such that generate interests and demand, and also good for LFS too. :P

Nice to see you guys back to say 'Hi'

Yes, its been a while since Loyang (and the legend of red underwear at the mahjong table).

The Forum is going through a renewal of faith. Some cleanup is in order. And the Mods are back online.

We might not be the most happening of Forums, but SRC still draws the newbies.

With the changes in place, that meant everyone, especially, old birds are once again welcome to share your knowledge, and provide the proper guidance fitting of an established online Forum.

Once again, WELCOME BACK :)

• SRC Member

Come to think of it, that was the time that all those passions shown inspired me to take up challenge and cheonging corals and fishes.

Having said that, it is also this forum that generates interests and thus created market for LFS. I still remembered that reefers posted pictures of AT, then suddenly, demand went up in the market. Same as blastos, cynarinas, plata, etc.

These are such that generate interests and demand, and also good for LFS too. :P

Hi Reefaholic

Your post make me :bow::bow::bow:

• SRC Member

Hi, just want to share that SRC has always been a place for newbies like me to learnt.

In fact, whenever I have any queries, the first place I search is here. There are so much knowledge and experience in here that I hope to learnt.

It's great to know that you guys are coming back to share more of your knowledge.

Good news for newbie... better news for the coral and fishes as they will have better chance of survivor with better knowledge for the newbies like me :P

Thanks all :thanks::thanks::thanks:

• SRC Member
Hi Reefaholic

Your post make me  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Hello... both senior reefers LinkinPark and Scarab.. :P Stop laughing will you!! :D:D:D

I am trying to be myself. :D please dont puke again, i am not going to buy you a new keyboard.... :eyeblur:

Likewise, if you post your thoughts here, i will try not to puke..... :P Most i fall off my chair only.. :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Hi all :D

This thread reminds me of the Chinese Movie "Shaolin Gongfu" when all the old puglists were recalled for a special mission.

Probably no mission here. Nevertheless, it is still interesting to see which other old 'birds' sign in. :)

• SRC Member
Hi all :D

This thread reminds me of the Chinese Movie "Shaolin Gongfu" when all the old puglists were recalled for a special mission.

Probably no mission here. Nevertheless, it is still interesting to see which other old 'birds' sign in. :)

10 Fingers . 10 Toes . 20 Ways to Die

• SRC Member
its nice to sell all the old folks around. SRC use to be a great place to hang out but not now..anyone know what happen to deepblue? i also miss him too 

Dont worry too much abt him. He is still ard. I am still ard too. :angel::angel::angel: do you miss me? You shd take care of yourself. :lol::lol::lol::lol: