Help catchin a fish in tank

• SRC Member

I have this 2 inch damsel thats so aggressive it whips and nibs at any fish it sees! I cant stand it! Besides emptying the whole tank contents to catch it is there any way to catch it without removing my rocks and corals?

Have tried using food and net to trap it but its too smart ... damn it! :cry::cry::paiseh:

• SRC Member

Try the "on the light" in the middle of the night medthod. The demsel will be daze and easy to catch.

Or "mirror in a container" method to dude the curious demsel into the bottle.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

Last Satursday, I hv managed to fish out my 2.5" damsel with a pawn hook( size 5) less than 2 mins lei...but becareful when fishing, b'cos you might fished the unwanted one...hehehhe :lol: !

After many year of fishing out shore, this is the 1st time in my own tank lei due to kan cheongness, 1st time fished out the wrong one...my lovely crown fish :cry: !

my advice is be very very careful and alert when fishing in your own tank .... :P:D:lol: !

Pls take note not to let the fish swallow the whole bait :evil: !

Hope it help :peace: .

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• 3 weeks later...