250G 6x2.5x2.5ft Reef Project

acidjazz

Gonna do some rescape over the weekend. Will tear down one mountain. will definately have excess live rocks to sell.

Bro will you have any large pieces to sell?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
i shall go build a 10 x 5 x 5 feet fibre glass tank for the sharks then. . and then run with one of those skimmers u see at coral farm.  :lol:

Actually...for a single black tip....u'd need about a 20 x 7 x 4 tank...approximately 4000 gallons to sufficiently house the specimen for it's entire lifespan....and they get to a lil over 5 feet in length.... ;) A compromise would probably be about no less than 14-15 feet.... :)

Been dreamin of a tanks like that for a while now...i believe someone posted a pic in reefcentral once...owner has a 20x7x4 ft tank with 2 baby black tips... ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

someone's been asking up on pinecone fishes ... they produce their own light ... u could try to think up a way to keep light producing fish in some sort of theme tank ? just some suggestions ... haha

• SRC Member

i will try to come up with a new idea or plan. . . i want a tank that the general public such as friends and relatives can appreciate. eg. As reefers, we understand that black tang is rare and therefore very impressed with whoever has it. However, my brother or girlfriend will only say "you must be mad to spend $400 on a black colour fish"

u feeling me? :)

i believe all reefers who own a black tang is definitely not to show off but they are just happy with what they got.its definitely not like what you claim to be "mad" for spending $400 for a BLACK fish.

• SRC Member

umm ... i dun think he is saying that people keep a black tang are mad. what he means that people not in the hobby would say such things. which is true ... i dont own expensive fish .. my setup is low budget ... but still i know people tt think im crazy to be spending on my tank .

hey AT what happen to you man,you also own black tang.n people is calling you mad on spending $400 on a black fish.r u?

thanks for your sweet comments. .

anyway it was not directed at you. . so stay out of it and dun bring ayone else into the issue and dun make it sound like u are a personal friend of AT.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Bro will you have any large pieces to sell?

hey jervis, will update you again.

Thanks.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

someone's been asking up on pinecone fishes ... they produce their own light ... u could try to think up a way to keep light producing fish in some sort of theme tank ? just some suggestions ... haha

thanks man bro. . u are the second reefer to encourage me to keep pinecone fish. .

anyway the shark was just a thought due to my inexperience, no harm meant.

not every reefer understand what i meant about the black tang, thanks for clarifying. . :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

i have a frd that once caught a black tip off bedok jetty.

a juv one most prob 1-1 1/2 foot.

anyway hws the sulphur denitrator comming along ?

u gotta be kidding me. . . did ur friend get a shock when he saw the black tip?

erm. . its only been about 5 days since i hook up the denitrator. . cant tell any results yet. From other people's experience, it will take probably a month before the bacteria will culativate in the denitrator. .

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

oh. . btw the skimmer have arrived. Will hook it up when i have the time. :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

oh. . btw the skimmer have arrived. Will hook it up when i have the time. :)

Can't wait to see it in your sump :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Yes Sir! Lets see how's the performance of the ATI bubble master. Give me a day or two to hook it up as i am rather occupied now. lol.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Yes Sir! Lets see how's the performance of the ATI bubble master. Give me a day or two to hook it up as i am rather occupied now. lol.

Quick lah... occupied by what? Babes or Lambo? :lol: How about both :angel:

• SRC Member

thanks for your sweet comments. .

anyway it was not directed at you. . so stay out of it and dun bring ayone else into the issue and dun make it sound like u are a personal friend of AT.

whatever i write is my own bussiness so why should you care.anyway im in this reefing longer then you so don teach me who to be friend with or who not to be friend with.pls!!!! n if you cant find a black tang,dont give comments like mad to spend $400 on a black fish.im talking the facts.by what you say,you imply to everyone who has black tang.or like what you put it as BLACK FISH.

whatever i write is my own bussiness so why should you care.anyway im in this reefing longer then you so don teach me who to be friend with or who not to be friend with.pls!!!! n if you cant find a black tang,dont give comments like mad to spend $400 on a black fish.im talking the facts.by what you say,you imply to everyone who has black tang.or like what you put it as BLACK FISH.

The funny thing is. . . every reefer here understand what i mean about the black tang. It was not meant to be an insult or a provocative statement. If u realise, i do LIKE black tangs.

this is unproductive, lets not continue on this topic.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Probably babes in the lambo! :lol:

haha. . speaking of which. . we all know velvet have the most babes.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Those who have been waiting for my ATI bubble master. . . about time to unlease it. . stay tune. . .

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

zzz...

ATI Bubble Master.

Pls refer to product review section.

post-34-1156022463.jpg

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor: