Mini Bubble King Skimmer

acidjazz

Guys, here's your chance to own a bubble king.

Its the latest in their range, and i guess its much cheaper too.

Let the pictures do the talking. . .

Mini Bubble King

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Seems like Bubble King wants to compete with other skimmers. :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

• SRC Member

To tell you. It is very neat in design. But is it as efficient as the rest? Guess it will take a long time or nvr make it to Singapore market. :mellow:

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

Very impressive bro Acidjazz... the design and the product promise looks extremely convincing... the best so far in a protein skimmer of this capacity... definitely for my next next tank :lol::lol::lol:

You suppose that's a Red Dragon pump? If yes, then expect to pay close to $1800 for the smallest model (400 liter). Coz the pump itself already costs that much ;)

Wow... really knocks me off my seat looking at it... I love it!!!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

To tell you. It is very neat in design. But is it as efficient as the rest? Guess it will take a long time or nvr make it to Singapore market. :mellow:

bro, i have a friend in Germany. I can ask him help you ship in the Bubble king any time. :lol: You interested to do a test and review?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Very impressive bro Acidjazz... the design and the product promise looks extremely convincing... the best so far in a protein skimmer of this capacity... definitely for my next next tank :lol::lol::lol:

You suppose that's a Red Dragon pump? If yes, then expect to pay close to $1800 for the smallest model (400 liter). Coz the pump itself already costs that much ;)

Wow... really knocks me off my seat looking at it... I love it!!!

hey jervis, for the mini bubble king, they will not be using Red Dragon pumps. Thus the price will drop significantly and become more competitive. Maybe i can help you check the price if you are very keen on it?

However, if ur next set up is gonna be 6 footer, you have to go for the BK-250 model or bigger.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

hey jervis, for the mini bubble king, they will not be using Red Dragon pumps. Thus the price will drop significantly and become more competitive. Maybe i can help you check the price if you are very keen on it?

However, if ur next set up is gonna be 6 footer, you have to go for the BK-250 model or bigger.

So they are using their own WHITE LINE pumps... emm... then it might loose some of its advantages over others... coz I still believe that Red Dragon is the "miracle" element that made Bubble King one of the best protein skimmers in the world... without RD... I'm not too sure anymore <_<

But again, if the price justified for the switch... then perhaps I can give it a try. I am keen bro Acidjazz, can kindly let me know how much roughly does a Mini-BK 200 costs? Are they available now already?

:thanks:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

jervis: i will pm you as soon as i know the price. I guess the point of Royal Exclusiv is to make Bubble King slightly more affordable and increase their competitiveness. You should not be paying more than $2000 for it. :)

You can be the first in singapore to own the mini bubble king.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

jervis: i will pm you as soon as i know the price. I guess the point of Royal Exclusiv is to make Bubble King slightly more affordable and increase their competitiveness. You should not be paying more than $2000 for it. :)

You can be the first in singapore to own the mini bubble king.

Emm... $2000 for a skimmer not running Red Dragon pump? Not very attractive leh... I think the Mini-BK200 shouldn't be priced more than $1650... <_<

Nah... enough of FIRST IN SINGAPORE already... no fun one... when got question... there's no one there to help... not even the guy who helped bring in the product ;)

• SRC Member

bro, i have a friend in Germany. I can ask him help you ship in the Bubble king any time. :lol: You interested to do a test and review?

Haha;

I really wish I have that kinda of money to simply do a review. Guess this is for the rich & famous. I still got a long while to be that... :(

I guess I still stuck at middle class equipment...

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Haha;

I really wish I have that kinda of money to simply do a review. Guess this is for the rich & famous. I still got a long while to be that... :(

I guess I still stuck at middle class equipment...

Bro Nakazoru... you are being way too humble... we are all the same... 90% of all Singaporeans have the same status btw... working class :lol:

This is a scaled down version of the legendary BK targetting to working class people like us... so I don't expect the price to be too much more than a Deltec.

Oh I heard the pump is actually a scaled-down version of the Red Dragon (so yes, it is a Red Dragon)... but during the scaling-down... some of the "magic" might be gone... but according to sources, this mini-RD was designed based on the same beliefs and philosophy behind the original RD. As usual... the impressive list of cons :lol:

If I get ever get to run this baby in my sump... I will paint everything RED :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Haha :D ;

You know working class in Germany earns a lot more than the working class in Singapore.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
<_< Pump maintenance may be an issue as I can see that the whole pump unit resides inside the skimmer. :o

Otherwise, pocket$ also pain pain... :lol:;)

Yupe the pump maintenance may be an issue... let's see how they will find a solution for that...as for pocket pain... haha... you don't call it a product by Royal Xclusive for nothing ok? You don't expect to walk into a Louis Vuitton boutique and come out with some great bargains... but it is good to see products like this... sometimes they inspire... just like Ferrari and B&O :lol:

but so short... Hmm.. makes me wonder how effective it can really be leh... he din show any photos of it running... :fear:

Haven't you heard that if the "short" design is done properly, it can be more effective than most tall bodied skimmers?

I can't be too certain (as I do not come across the research personally, but was told by fellow reefers and LFS)... but there was a research done by a university student (in the US) and his research found that taller skimmers doesn't equate to better efficiency (in general).

The theory is something like this... if the fine bubbles travel too far up the chamber, they will form back into larger bubbles along the way... hence defeating the purpose of having fine bubbles in the first place. However, some successful brand counter this by installing powerful pumps (some more than 2) that will pump a huge amount of fine bubbles upwards. But by having more than 1 pump... energy consumption can be high.

So if the short skimmer is to be designed properly (which I believe the BK is) then the fine bubbles will remain "fine" when they reach the neck of the skimmer hence more effective skimming. Not forgetting, low power consumption and space saving.

Please do not take this "tall skimmer" theory and apply to all brands... however, I believe only a few superior brands be able to product tall yet effective skimmers without consuming too much energy.

Any experience bro can confirm this? Or it's a total crap used by manufacturers and LFS to sell their short and stubby protein skimmers such as the Bubble King :)

• SRC Member

Yupe the pump maintenance may be an issue... let's see how they will find a solution for that...as for pocket pain... haha... you don't call it a product by Royal Xclusive for nothing ok? You don't expect to walk into a Louis Vuitton boutique and come out with some great bargains... but it is good to see products like this... sometimes they inspire... just like Ferrari and B&O :lol:

Are you refering to B&O as in the Bang & Olufsen?

Great looking stuffs, but performance wise isn't quite categorised along audiophile terms.

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

Are you refering to B&O as in the Bang & Olufsen?

Great looking stuffs, but performance wise isn't quite categorised along audiophile terms.

Hehe yes... Bang & Olufsen... I'm just trying to point out a few inspirational brands out there... these brands are also emotional... but B&O does have its strength (in design as you mentioned)... perhaps Apple Computer is a better example :lol:

• SRC Member

Hehe yes... Bang & Olufsen... I'm just trying to point out a few inspirational brands out there... these brands are also emotional... but B&O does have its strength (in design as you mentioned)... perhaps Apple Computer is a better example :lol:

These companies are 'cultish' in management terms, which is why they survive and sometimes thrive.

B&O does have its strength, as i mentioned - great looking stuffs (for the common eye). But the great looking does not mean in technical design terms (the function), but maybe for design as in aesthetics, but for audiophiles (the trained eye), the aesthetic design is flawed as it compromises on sound. Then again, there are many other brands out there that bettered B&O in terms of form, function and technicalities.

Yes, agree Apple will perhaps be a better example. One thing is in common along these brands and the people behind - passion. And yet there is also another which is integrity.

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

Mini Bubble King In Action

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

CHECK THIS OUT! :lol:

Bubble King

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

You will never need to buy a dining table.

Dining Table

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

i want this bubble king. sld be the BK-500 model. . about 7000SGD.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor: