D&C 4ft Tank

chercm

Roughly when you think the Nitrogen Cycle will complete? Can't wait to see Steve's scaping skill... :lol: Most probably I will do mine myself... more personal that way :)

i just started added one small rock from the current tank and added bacteria to kick it off on the 12082006

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just started added one small rock from the current tank and added bacteria to kick it off on the 12082006

Just started 2 days ago? Emm... it will take a while then... allow at least 2 weeks to be certain :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Just started 2 days ago? Emm... it will take a while then... allow at least 2 weeks to be certain :)

With the bacteria starter, I heard that some brand can even reduce the nitrogen cycle to within 1-3days!!! ;)

Special service provided by Steve from AM for your rock scape! I think Steve have the strongest backbone since he needs to do it quite often!!! :lol:

With the bacteria starter, I heard that some brand can even reduce the nitrogen cycle to within 1-3days!!! ;)

Special service provided by Steve from AM for your rock scape! I think Steve have the strongest backbone since he needs to do it quite often!!! :lol:

which brand ?

Humble tank :

Equipment :

Can't recall the brand name! Let me do a search to see if I have any link to it!  ;)  But one thing for sure, if u use back the water and LR from your old tank, it will speed up the cycling process too!

is this called PURA nitrate lock or PURA complete ? any case was that i will be using back my old tank LR

PURA-NitrateLock.jpg

PURA-Complete.jpg

Humble tank :

Equipment :

is this called PURA nitrate lock or PURA complete ? any case was that i will be using back my old tank LR

PURA Nitratelock is for eliminating Nitrate, PURA Complete is combination of Phosphate remover and activated carbon. Both are good for maintaining optimum water quality but will not add bacteria to your tank.

Yes, old LR from tank is a good (very good) source of ready bacteria :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

anybody knows which brand is it ?

Humble tank :

Equipment :

here are my ATI lights :

img0155jw2.jpg

img0156bh4.jpg

my completed sump with all the equipments :

img0161qw0.jpg

temperature controller for Resun C0500 and PH monitor

img0164jc4.jpg

Wow! PH at 8.3 :eyebrow:

img0163ov0.jpg

Humble tank :

Equipment :

Skimz Beckette bull working already

img0162cu1.jpg

external overflow box :

img0165bo2.jpg

ATI lights working now :bow:

img0158zu4.jpg

img0159zw9.jpg

Tunze 6200 working now :shock:

img0160nz7.jpg

Completed tank :

img0157mc5.jpg

Humble tank :

Equipment :

Oh man!!! I love the huge pieces of LR... must call Steve now!!! How heavy are your rocks in total? I planned to put in 60kg... dunno enough or not :)

Can show a side view of your tank? Wanna see how the rockscaping is from the side :bow:

pics from the side views: :bow::bow:

img0166xn5.jpg

img0167xk7.jpg

Humble tank :

Equipment :

Very nice rockscape! :bow::bow: .... and a very neat setup too!

Specs

Return pump: 2 x Eheim 1260 (with 1 pumped to chiller before returning to main)
Chiller: Hailea HC-500A (1/2 hp)
Skimmer: Deltec SC2060
Lightings: 8 x 24W ATI Sunpower T5 fixture
Wavemakers: Vortech MP40, MP10, Tunze nanostream 6045
Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements

After seeing your rocks... I think I can throw mine already... my current LR is like small pieces of Lego :lol: If your tank is more than 2ft depth (not height), you will have a bit more room behind for better circulation... well can't have everything right? Your's is impressive enough :bow:

the lights seems to be more bluish.

Coz bro Cherm is using 2 Blue Plus + 1 Actinic tubes... personally I'm afraid the remaining 2 Aquablue Spezial + 1 Superwhite don't create sufficient PAR and PUR... but again depends on what bro Cherm intends to keep :)

Nice big rocks. The tunze not running? Pointing downward at the sand a little risky.

of course it is running .

Humble tank :

Equipment :

Looking at the position of the Tunze Stream 6200 and the scaping... I kinda understand why you were recommended a 6200 instead of smaller Streams. That's a good decision bro... I might do the same too for my tank as I might have trouble hiding all my 3 Streams (2 6000 + 1 6060).

Sometimes... we just have to listen to the expert :lol: