Clown suspect ich..... Help

Hi Guys,

After almost 6 mths of waiting, i bought my first fish, a percula clown. Was excited brought him back and instantly noticed him swimming against the current. 4 days later, the wife spotted him scratching his body against the sand bed. His body is clear, very active but refused to eat.

Suspecting ich i instantly removed him and he is currently sitting in a Quarrantine tank. :cry:

since he was removed, i only have 1 snail, and 3 cleaner shrimps in my main tank. I read that the ich or velvet disease needs a fish and only a fish host to survive, inverts will not do. If it doesnt find one, it will die within 3 to 4 days.

If the above is true, i was intending to just leave my tank fish free for about 2 to 3 weeks, do water changes and when the clown is better, introduce him back.

Do you think its a good idea?

Appreciate any comments and advise as this is my first time encountering this problem. :(

Cheers.

Hi Guys,

After almost 6 mths of waiting, i bought my first fish, a percula clown. Was excited brought him back and instantly noticed him swimming against the current. 4 days later, the wife spotted him scratching his body against the sand bed. His body is clear, very active but refused to eat.

Suspecting ich i instantly removed him and he is currently sitting in a Quarrantine tank. :cry:

since he was removed, i only have 1 snail, and 3 cleaner shrimps in my main tank. I read that the ich or velvet disease needs a fish and only a fish host to survive, inverts will not do. If it doesnt find one, it will die within 3 to 4 days.

If the above is true, i was intending to just leave my tank fish free for about 2 to 3 weeks, do water changes and when the clown is better, introduce him back.

Do you think its a good idea?

Appreciate any comments and advise as this is my first time encountering this problem. :(

Cheers.

for ich to die off it requires 6-8 weeks...

Just to prevent, in anycase there are eggs that haven hatch yet...

It is useless if you dun practise good QT procedure, you will still introduce Ich into your tank...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...