2400 X 900 X 900 project

AlexCWSoo

Have place the order for LED and reflector. It will be better than solarisled. As i am planing to use 10W LED instead of 3W LED by ######. Still trying to figure out the driver.

Yupe the driver and the "computer" is the hard part... I hope you don't spend too much on your 10W LEDs as they can blow easily if not configured properly :) All the best to you bro :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing much happen today. Still fabricating the stand. Its 50mm X 50mm Hollow galvanised steel. Has finished welding and will be painting it up on Monday and hopefully will be able to move into position by Wednesday.

post-34-1156590816.jpg

Tank : 2400 X 900 X 900

Sump : 2 X 1000 X 700 X 450

Wave Maker : 8 X Tunze 6200 with multi controller

Return Pump : 2 X 14m3 Red Dragon

Calcium Reator : Brand??

Skimmer : Tunze Master DOC 9480

Fish

1 X Yellow Tank

1 X Mandarin fish

1 X Purpple Tank

1 X Blue Tank

1 X Sunrise Dottyback

1 X Majestic Angel

2 X Bicolor Blenny

2 X Moorish Idol

1 X Longnose Hawfish

2 X Firefish

Bro... looking at your project... it reminds me so much of those huge tanks at RC, you will set a new trend to reefing in Singapore... will definitely follow your progress closely :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

er.. if he ship it here... using a container ... 400+ ? ... aiya he must have done this calculation before.. so i guess taiwan's acrylic is cheaper :lol:

Probably Taiwan can do better acrylic tank too... I'm sure they have the mould there... how often you see such a tank in Singapore? Even so, it will probably be in inches instead of centimetres :)

inches? 240inches?! well, i doubt there are much large fish tank in taiwan, hong kong will most prob have more large tank, as they are even more enthu then us in keeping marine fishes.

What I meant was... even if we can find some existing mould for large acrylic tanks in Singapore, it will probably in inches instead of centimetres. We are so used to inches/footers here :lol: Yes I think there are much more larger tanks over there... they are financially more ready than us :(

• SRC Member
inches? 240inches?! well, i doubt there are much large fish tank in taiwan, hong kong will most prob have more large tank, as they are even more enthu then us in keeping marine fishes.

muhahaha they sell live seafood at their local markets man... i think the people there keep marine fishes like keeping tropical fishes in singapore. whether they want a parrot fish or a grouper juz pop by their local wet market .. tadA~ :lol:

but off course dont expect to find YT ... and other nice nice fishes there lar..

Price including the shipping is cheaper as compare to local. But that is the secondary factor. Its seamless joint that I really like. Will take some picture when its ready to move onto the stand. And BTW, I order it here through LFS and make in Taiwan.

Fish

1 X Yellow Tank

1 X Mandarin fish

1 X Purpple Tank

1 X Blue Tank

1 X Sunrise Dottyback

1 X Majestic Angel

2 X Bicolor Blenny

2 X Moorish Idol

1 X Longnose Hawfish

2 X Firefish

The stand is make of Hot Dip Galvanised hollow section. Which is better than powder coat, as hot dip is treating the internal and external. And it cannot be chiped of by knocking.

Finally all welding work has completed. All welded joint are treated with cold galvanise, and has just undercoat with Zinc Chromate. Tomorrow will have it painted with marine epoxy. Hopes all this work will help the stand to be strong for at least the next 10 years.

Yes the LFS is in the East

post-34-1156771396.jpg

Fish

1 X Yellow Tank

1 X Mandarin fish

1 X Purpple Tank

1 X Blue Tank

1 X Sunrise Dottyback

1 X Majestic Angel

2 X Bicolor Blenny

2 X Moorish Idol

1 X Longnose Hawfish

2 X Firefish

Ooo.... I'm sure the stand can easily lasts 10 years :) What will be the total weight of your tank filled with water and rocks?

Very impressive. Most of us just pay and order our tanks and equipments while u are building them urself.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Estimated to be 2.5 to 3 tons.

Yap...Building it piece by piece should be half the fun.

Fish

1 X Yellow Tank

1 X Mandarin fish

1 X Purpple Tank

1 X Blue Tank

1 X Sunrise Dottyback

1 X Majestic Angel

2 X Bicolor Blenny

2 X Moorish Idol

1 X Longnose Hawfish

2 X Firefish

Estimated to be 2.5 to 3 tons.

Oh man!!! That's the weight of an adult elephant :shock: You are not putting it in your HDB flat are you? :lol:

• SRC Member

Oh man!!! That's the weight of an adult elephant :shock: You are not putting it in your HDB flat are you? :lol:

lolz if he is staying in a HDB ... before the HDB collapse.. they will first have a very hard time moving that tank up the steps.. that tank definately cant fit into the lift :lol:

I am putting it in the office. Its on the ground floor, so no worry.

Fish

1 X Yellow Tank

1 X Mandarin fish

1 X Purpple Tank

1 X Blue Tank

1 X Sunrise Dottyback

1 X Majestic Angel

2 X Bicolor Blenny

2 X Moorish Idol

1 X Longnose Hawfish

2 X Firefish

• SRC Member

lolz if he is staying in a HDB ... before the HDB collapse.. they will first have a very hard time moving that tank up the steps.. that tank definately cant fit into the lift :lol:

from wat i know is HDB only allow 6ft tank at the most :cry:

correct me if im wrong.

from wat i know is HDB only allow 6ft tank at the most :cry:

correct me if im wrong.

I heard you need to apply for permission if it exceeds 6 ft... :)