2400 X 900 X 900 project

AlexCWSoo

• SRC Member

Will be putting up a partition around the tank once everythings is stable and settle down. Will leave it open for ease of working and alteration if needed.

hey bro! i'm jealous of u man. is it the arcylic or something? your tank looks super super clear! quite different from other FTS i see. even mine also not that clear after i scrub.

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates? :yeah:

3.5ft X 2 ft X 2.5 ft

Deltec Protein Skimmer AP 600 - Eheim Compact 1000

Deltec - NF 509

Teco RA 640 Chiller - Aqua-Bee UP 2000i Aquarium Pump

Aqua-Bee UP 7000 Aquarium Pump - return

Skimz Fluidized Reactor- Aqua-Bee UP 2000 tee off to NF 509 and CR

DE Lightings 8 x 39watts

Turbelle stream Kit TS07

Yeah... how's things bro!!!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 3 months later...

Has been 1 year since I got hold of the tank. Here is how it looks.

post-34-1190025516.jpg

Tank : 2400 X 900 X 900

Sump : 2 X 1000 X 700 X 450

Wave Maker : 8 X Tunze 6200 with multi controller

Return Pump : 2 X 14m3 Red Dragon

Calcium Reator : Brand??

Skimmer : Tunze Master DOC 9480

Fish

1 X Yellow Tank

1 X Mandarin fish

1 X Purpple Tank

1 X Blue Tank

1 X Sunrise Dottyback

1 X Majestic Angel

2 X Bicolor Blenny

2 X Moorish Idol

1 X Longnose Hawfish

2 X Firefish

Finally!!! Bro you need some large SPS colonies B)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Finally!!! Bro you need some large SPS colonies B)

Yes...I noticed that too. Was running 2 strip of DIY lighting until 2 weeks ago when I get hold of the solaris. So here I come....hunting for big/large SPS colonies...

Fish

1 X Yellow Tank

1 X Mandarin fish

1 X Purpple Tank

1 X Blue Tank

1 X Sunrise Dottyback

1 X Majestic Angel

2 X Bicolor Blenny

2 X Moorish Idol

1 X Longnose Hawfish

2 X Firefish

Was it easy to maintain the tank and prevent scratching from occurring?

It is fairly easy to prevent from scratch. I learn my lesson when I forget to remove the magnet cleaner from the tank. As this tank is at the office. Some kind soul decided to help with clean the glass and pull a bunch of sand along, that is the only time the acrylic gets multiple scratch. Since then, I learn not to leave the magnet cleaner in the tank and so far so good.

Fish

1 X Yellow Tank

1 X Mandarin fish

1 X Purpple Tank

1 X Blue Tank

1 X Sunrise Dottyback

1 X Majestic Angel

2 X Bicolor Blenny

2 X Moorish Idol

1 X Longnose Hawfish

2 X Firefish

It is fairly easy to prevent from scratch. I learn my lesson when I forget to remove the magnet cleaner from the tank. As this tank is at the office. Some kind soul decided to help with clean the glass and pull a bunch of sand along, that is the only time the acrylic gets multiple scratch. Since then, I learn not to leave the magnet cleaner in the tank and so far so good.

Ouch :pinch::pinch::pinch:

Bro mind taking some close-up shots of you beatifu corals especially your SPS? Can't see them clearly from ur FTS since your tank is so huge :eyeblur::eyeblur::eyeblur:

Alex, did you abandon your DIY LED and went for Solaris LED lighting instead?

If so, how is the performance of the Solaris LED lighting system?

Yes, I drag my feet too much hence did not find time to make more DIY LED. The 2 I have is still running in the tank. I would prefer the DIY unit if I can find time for it. The solaris is working fine. But I find the brightness is not as good.

Fish

1 X Yellow Tank

1 X Mandarin fish

1 X Purpple Tank

1 X Blue Tank

1 X Sunrise Dottyback

1 X Majestic Angel

2 X Bicolor Blenny

2 X Moorish Idol

1 X Longnose Hawfish

2 X Firefish

Hi Alex,

The main reason why 'brightness is not so good' is listed in Solaris web :

"The Solaris is designed to light up an aquarium tank, not for humans to burn their eyes. The LED's we use are the brightest manufactured for mass distribution available today. We then put a lens on it which spreads the point source out and focuses the light into the aquarium. This lens is why our LED's may not appear to be as bright as a bare LED when you stare into the light. Don't be fooled. Get the PAR meter out and measure the light on a surface."

But overall, yr FTS is great!! :rolleyes:

Yes, I drag my feet too much hence did not find time to make more DIY LED. The 2 I have is still running in the tank. I would prefer the DIY unit if I can find time for it. The solaris is working fine. But I find the brightness is not as good.

That's great, but which series of Solaris are you using, the G or H4 series? I4 series is coming out soon :lol:

Do you mind updating in a few months time to evaluate the growth/health of corals while using the Solaris? ;)

Hi Alex,

The main reason why 'brightness is not so good' is listed in Solaris web :

"The Solaris is designed to light up an aquarium tank, not for humans to burn their eyes. The LED's we use are the brightest manufactured for mass distribution available today. We then put a lens on it which spreads the point source out and focuses the light into the aquarium. This lens is why our LED's may not appear to be as bright as a bare LED when you stare into the light. Don't be fooled. Get the PAR meter out and measure the light on a surface."

But overall, yr FTS is great!! :rolleyes:

I can tell you that it is crap story. My DIY LED is using the same LED and lens as solaris. The heat management on the solaris is very pooly design and hence they cannot drive the LED to MAX. My rough estimation is that they are running 30% of the LED full potential.

Anyway, have bought it and just hope for the best. :(

Fish

1 X Yellow Tank

1 X Mandarin fish

1 X Purpple Tank

1 X Blue Tank

1 X Sunrise Dottyback

1 X Majestic Angel

2 X Bicolor Blenny

2 X Moorish Idol

1 X Longnose Hawfish

2 X Firefish

That's great, but which series of Solaris are you using, the G or H4 series? I4 series is coming out soon :lol:

Do you mind updating in a few months time to evaluate the growth/health of corals while using the Solaris? ;)

H series. Sure will post some growth picture in time. But I beleive its more than light. As I can grow the SPS with 1 tube of VHO T5 and 2 strip of DIY LED before adding the solaris. Just that most of the colour is not looking good, hopes that the solaris can help.

Fish

1 X Yellow Tank

1 X Mandarin fish

1 X Purpple Tank

1 X Blue Tank

1 X Sunrise Dottyback

1 X Majestic Angel

2 X Bicolor Blenny

2 X Moorish Idol

1 X Longnose Hawfish

2 X Firefish

Hi Alex,

Very interesting findings on yr Solaris H series that its 'light output' is at ~30%!!

If that is true, LEDs 'burning' at 30% capacity will surely have a longer LED life(that's the manufacturer claim).

But this shortfall may not make some SPS 'happy' in terms of their colouration.

That means yr DIY lighting is BETTER ! B)

Yr coming updates will be interesting... :thanks:

From my experience with SPS... although lighting play a major role in colouration... there are also other major and minor factors... can't wait to see some nice SPS close-up shots especially through those clear acrylic... my float glass tank distorted the colour quite significantly (just like looking at a Clam through glass) :angry:

Here is some growth picture after 1 month under the solaris

post-34-1190878505.jpg

Fish

1 X Yellow Tank

1 X Mandarin fish

1 X Purpple Tank