Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you use Grotech Trace Element Additives From AM? better than Seachem and TM? thanks

Yes I am proudly using Grotech Coral A, B & C and a series of Grotech additives... but that doesn't mean Seachem and TM are less effective... it's a matter of personal preference :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Don't you just love the foam? :sick::sick::sick:

post-34-1181743367.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
:D How's ya Rhomboid & Mysterious Wrasseys doin' dude ?

Mystery recovered 110% :lol: Rhomboid still in hiding... but I can see it moving around at the back... not too sure if it is eating :unsure:

• SRC Member
B) Try to flood the area where the Rhomboid is hiding with flakes or pellets. ;)

Good idea bro... will do that tomorrow :bow:

A reefer brought over a very large piece of Montipora Digitata... and my Chromises love it!!! It's an amazing sight I must admit :shock:

th_140601.jpg

Good idea bro... will do that tomorrow :bow:

It works!!! Thanks bro... the Rhomboid ate a few pieces of frozen food :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

And I finally spotted my Neon Goby doing its job... to my Goldflake Angel :yeah:

New TOY :yeah::yeah::yeah:

post-34-1181826625.jpg

must be new skimmer.

So smart :lol::lol::lol:

Here's something to share with you guys... Frozen Cyclopeeze (More Info)

It's a great product I must say... for the first time... I am seeing my Anemone reacting to food :shock::shock::shock:

post-34-1181833884.jpg

How often do you see Anemones feast like this? :blink:

post-34-1181833956.jpg

you dont feed your anemone with chunks of prawn?

No bro... my Percs will do that for me... and that anemone is HUGE enough :lol::lol::lol:

Guys... I was very shocked this morning!!!

During the past year... I've tried Aqua Medic, Deltec, Tunze, ATI BM and Hydor... but nothing prepares me for this!!!

Grotech HEA200 installed 3pm yesterday... and I am getting this 16 hours later!!! This is unbelievable!!! :shock::shock::shock:

post-34-1181869540.jpg

• SRC Member

Forgive me for my possible ignorance here but what's so unbelievable about a little wet skimate after 13 hours. :huh:

IMO it doesn't look any better than the skimate your performer was producing in your pic in the last page.

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

Guys... I was very shocked this morning!!!

During the past year... I've tried Aqua Medic, Deltec, Tunze, ATI BM and Hydor... but nothing prepares me for this!!!

Grotech HEA200 installed 3pm yesterday... and I am getting this 16 hours later!!! This is unbelievable!!! :shock::shock::shock:

Wait a minute... let me clarify about the Grotech kick-in... I was too excited just now... forgot to mention that this skimmer been running in AM Katong's display tank for 2 1/2 days before being transferred to my tank... but I did wash the pump and the skimmer body yesterday... so it's not entirely a "virgin" after all :lol:

The reason why I get AM to run it first is to make sure it works before committing! Dun wanna risk my SPS this way :lol:

But I am still very happy with what I discovered this morning :heh:

Forgive me for my possible ignorance here but what's so unbelievable about a little wet skimate after 13 hours. :huh:

IMO it doesn't look any better than the skimate your performer was producing in your pic in the last page.

Emm... but all my previous skimmers will take around 3 days to kick-in and starts to produce any form of visible skimmate :)

I will have to tune it later to achieve a slighly drier skimmate to rival that of Hydor... please be patient with me :) What others in RC did were to restrict the air intake slightly as some claimed that will give a better quality skimmate... will try that in the coming days :)

So what prompted the change in skimmers? thought you were pretty happy with ur performer? upgrade itch eh? :P

It's to give way to my next project... and yes... I do have this tendency for "newness" :lol::lol::lol: (Since someone hinted that I've been idled too long) <_<