Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• SRC Member
Another close-up... the door hinge says ITALY... but I don't suppose it is made there... probably a Italian company/brand that's all... but according to tank maker... this is the best within the "affordable" range :)

your hinges will become like this. This is mine.

post-34-1156681931.jpg

Current tank

Past tank

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your hinges will become like this. This is mine.

Yupe mine looks very similar to yours... ok will get it replaced with stainless steel hinges once the tank is up and running :)

Thanks for sharing bro Dominik... the rust is really bad :erm:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

bro jerv. how are u gonna get water to pump into the tank?

You mean fill up the tank? Emm... I'm still waiting for my 3-stage DI water unit... I guess will have to connect a hose to the tank and slowly fill up... probably take 4 to 5 hours to fill up the tank :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Yupe mine looks very similar to yours... ok will get it replaced with stainless steel hinges once the tank is up and running :)

Thanks for sharing bro Dominik... the rust is really bad :erm:

Bro Dominik, since our hinges are the same, after I replaced mine, do you want me to keep for you? How many pairs you need? :)

• SRC Member

Bro Dominik, since our hinges are the same, after I replaced mine, do you want me to keep for you? How many pairs you need? :)

Thanks a lot. My cabinet uses four hinges. Only one is badly rust. the rest only slightly.

Current tank

Past tank

Thanks a lot. My cabinet uses four hinges. Only one is badly rust. the rest only slightly.

I will pass you 4 sets the next time you visit my tank (after I replaced with new hinges lah) :lol: Or if you are interested in the Stainless Steel ones, PM me.

• SRC Member

I will pass you 4 sets the next time you visit my tank (after I replaced with new hinges lah) :lol: Or if you are interested in the Stainless Steel ones, PM me.

will be waiting patiently.

Current tank

Past tank

Hi Tim07, please drop by my office the next time you come down to Singapore. Love to share ideas with you... we can also go LFS shopping... I'll show you around.

Regarding the 7095, I think I roughly know what you meant... let me test it out (or re-read the complicated manual) and get back to you :)

Please drop by my tank thread more often :bow:

bro jervis, I do read your tank thread one by one, you are my tank model now. you know, after I read your ATI PM product review, I order one set, even ask Janet give the same kind of tube just like you, ha! unfortunately, I have wait after mid of Sep.

But, you know, I don't know why, here don't have those great product vendor, many of your equipment we have to order oversea, some even never hear about, like your ATI bubble maker & Aquarium Controller. I suppose, the knowledge of SG reefer is one level higher then here.

After I have my ATI PM, I will take some pic to show you and please let me know what else I should do to improve. OK !! Now, I begin to complain my parent didn't give a creative brain to become a designer like you, :D

bro jervis, I do read your tank thread one by one, you are my tank model now.  you know, after I read your ATI PM product review, I order one set, even ask Janet give the same kind of tube just like you, ha! unfortunately, I have wait after mid of Sep.

But, you know, I don't know why, here don't have those great product vendor, many of your equipment we have to order oversea, some even never hear about, like your ATI bubble maker & Aquarium Controller.  I suppose, the knowledge of SG reefer is one level higher then here.

After I have my ATI PM, I will take some pic to show you and please let me know what else I should do to improve.  OK !!  Now, I begin to complain my parent didn't give a creative brain to become a designer like you,  :D

You are way to generous with kind words bro Tim07. Yeah Singapore is actually quite lucky to have all these cool gadgets... probably the ReefCentral influence :)

Me alone can't help you much (as I am still learning new things everyday)... why don't you start a tank thread? Post pix and let all the reefers here help you build a better tank :lol:

Hehe... actually design (creativity) only helps very little in reefing... it's biology, chemistry, engineering and environmental studies that will make all the difference :)

his tank is so high tech :bow::bow:

all those equipments ... give me foc i olso dunno how to fix..... :pinch:

Bro Waner... actually my setup is considered "tame"... I think the real high-tech reefers are those that can build (DIY) their own skimmers, lighting and all those cool modifications... my gadgets still come with instruction manuals (although most of them were usually very badly translated :o )

Hehe... actually design (creativity) only helps very little in reefing... it's biology, chemistry, engineering and environmental studies that will make all the difference :)

bro jervis, I know designer could not help in reef tank, but, I mean your rich income, and office ;)

I will open a my tank thread later, please have to come and give me a advice!!

I will open a my tank thread later, please have to come and give me a advice!!

Yes... I will support you all the way... :lol:

• SRC Member

You mean fill up the tank? Emm... I'm still waiting for my 3-stage DI water unit... I guess will have to connect a hose to the tank and slowly fill up... probably take 4 to 5 hours to fill up the tank :P

the tap from where? your office washroom?

then are u gonna call a plumber to fix pipes up to your office?

or just rubber pipe.

the tap from where? your office washroom?

then are u gonna call a plumber to fix pipes up to your office?

or just rubber pipe.

Tap from the pantry a few feet away (actually converted from a bathroom). There's a shower head where I can use. The tank maker is helping me find a suitable unit, most probably 3-stages DI.

From the pantry to the tank (the most 8 ft) will use small rubber hose (for DI unit).

... sometimes we dont even have supportive spouses... haha

Oh tell me all about it... :lol: That's one of the reason I'm moving the tank to the office ;)

It's AMAZING!!! I woke up this morning earlier than the alarm clock!!! Go to work singing... laughing at all the (same old) jokes Glen and FD thrown to the public... feels flightly even before coffee... now that's what I call MOTIVATION!!! :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
It's AMAZING!!! I woke up this morning earlier than the alarm clock!!! Go to work singing... laughing at all the (same old) jokes Glen and FD thrown to the public... feels flightly even before coffee... now that's what I call MOTIVATION!!! :lol::lol::lol:

hahaha ... good for u .. i almost fell asleep in the shower ...

Guys... I don't think my ATI Bubble Master will be "fully" up and running before 3rd September (deadline for AM's Amazing Promo)

I will try my best to offer you guys as much information as possible (even entertain visits if you want to see the BM running on a cycling tank :P )... just don't miss the launch price hor... even after converting from Euro (minus 16% VAT)... it is still DAMN GOOD DEAL!!!

The next 3 posts will give you the footprint and height of the BM (for those interested but with limited sump space)

post-34-1156731039.jpg

Actually not too bulky lar :) Considering everything is built-in... no additional feeding pump required, no unsightly piping & etc.

post-34-1156731160.jpg

Height wise... within normal range... just allow 2 more inches for easy removal of the collection cup... with a collection cup that huge... I wonder if external skimmate collector is ever needed :lol: Will do a measurement of the volume it holds later part of the day... need to prepare for Company's meeting now :heh:

Oh another important info to share:

You see the water outlet "T" below the filter floss? The recommended sump water height is 8" to 10" (not higher than the tip of the water outlet) or else it will create a too much pressure to the pump and it will not work properly.

So for those of you with high sump level (say 12") you will have to elevate the BM 4" up from the base of the sump. Not a problem actually as it can be done easily and nicely. But do allow sufficient space above (4")... I hope I'm not confusing you guys :erm:

post-34-1156731302.jpg