Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

Did some of the big pieces of rocks came from the big display tank at A.M? Lotsa of rooms for the bad to place gems :yeah:

Emm... quite possible since they are doing some major works to their main display tank now :) Well... I dun mind as long as they are not fresh from the coast of Singapore :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bro jevis saw some of your rocks before it went off to your house.very lucky to get mushrooms already on the rocks.cheers.

Yeah those are good quality mushrooms... they immediately open up yesterday... let's see if they will open up nicely today... will go back to my office later to check out the tank :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

1 rocks 10kg above? so big. it's really big.

Yeah those HUGE rocks are nice for scaping larger tanks... more realistic :) I am so glad Steve brought some large pieces or else it will look like jigsaw puzzle :(

How much they selling per KG? I dun dare to ask cos scare too ex and I dun buy... A bit pai seh...

Sorry bro, I can't give you a definite price as the rocks come as a package together with the tank setup... I requested it to be that way as I do not want to limit to the rocks by amount (kg)... I told Steve, lump in a figure for my rocks... just make sure they are sufficiently filled with quality rocks... dun care how heavy they are in the end. :)

You guys can do similar arrangement also... LR is just a small part (in terms of $$) compared to the entire setup... do negotiate as most LFS will tend not to make much out of it... considering the fact that they can earn much more on equipments :heh:

Back in the office very early this morning... here's my Side View :) Added another Tunze Stream 6000 (without controller) to improve circulation :heh:

post-34-1162092459.jpg

The KH was 5dKh this morning... very low... luckily I brought over a bottle of Grotech from home... manage to bring it up to 7dKh. Remember not to increase more than 2dKH within 24 hours :P

I already ordered a set of new Grotech additives yesterday... will be able to get it very soon :)

post-34-1162094574.jpg

bro jerv. u transfered the frog spawn/hammer to the office tank already?

there's one in the side view pic.

Yes... since water parameters are in check... I've decided to move some of my existing stable corals over... so far I've only tried a Frogspawn and a colony of Man Eater Zoas... both looking incredibly happy :)

Guys... please note that I have to do this transfer due to the scheduled decomming of my new tank... or else I will surely let things settle for another week or so :unsure:

post-34-1162097014.jpg

Measured at 11am:

KH: 7dkh

pH: 8.0

Ammonia: <0.25ppm

Nitrite: 0.1ppm

Nitrate: 5ppm

I think the Ammonia stage is over... the Nitrite level is a bit on the high side (but not critical)... I expect Nitrite to become lower while Nitrate to spike a little within the next 2 days :)

Luckily my tank has been cycled using sand bed, live sand, DSB and bioballs for almost 2 months :eyebrow:

post-34-1162097544.jpg

• SRC Member

Yes... since water parameters are in check... I've decided to move some of my existing stable corals over... so far I've only tried a Frogspawn and a colony of Man Eater Zoas... both looking incredibly happy :)

Guys... please note that I have to do this transfer due to the scheduled decomming of my new tank... or else I will surely let things settle for another week or so :unsure:

Still, I would suggest you cycle more, or at least don't add fish at this point. :rolleyes:

Yes bros... not a single fish (or inverts)... oh dear I am setting a bad example here :erm:

• SRC Member
The KH was 5dKh this morning... very low... luckily I brought over a bottle of Grotech from home... manage to bring it up to 7dKh. Remember not to increase more than 2dKH within 24 hours :P

I already ordered a set of new Grotech additives yesterday... will be able to get it very soon :)

bro, once u start sps try to increase slower then 2 dkh over 24hrs, try to let it increase around 1 dkh per day ;)

bro, once u start sps try to increase slower then 2 dkh over 24hrs, try to let it increase around 1 dkh per day ;)

Yes thanks for the advice... I believe once I fire up my CR... my KH will be quite in acceptable range :)

So your CR must be some kind of dual chambers design to match the twin torbo FR :eyebrow:

Unfortunately no :cry2:

• SRC Member
maybe..

i think he will go for QUADRUPLE!!

looking good jervis!

do keep us updated with your plans or additions! 

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ppl earn big money 1 leh :ph34r::fear:

so when *secret* coming??