6-in-1 fan

chtan23

Before I get thos 6-in-1 fan, I would like to find out from those who is using 6-in-1 fan, how effective it is to bring down your tank temperature? If yes, let me know your tank size or volume. My tank volume is about 350L, not sure will it work. I had tried single AC fan like sunon brand, don't see any different in temperature.

i guess that your is a 3ft?

my experience on 6-in-1 on my 3ftx2ftx2ft is that it only brings down about 1 degree. i change to 2x profantec running on 24/7, this maintain my tank at 29 degree but the down side is EVAPORATION of about 1 litres per day.

Hi tomowilson, i am fine. Still in the process of building up my 3ft barebottom.

thanks for refreshing my memories on the price of the profantec fan. generally i feel A...star price is higher. the shop that i bought from is across the field of A..star. that tropical fish shop may not be there anymore.

• SRC Member

those similar fans selling at pasir ris lfs ard $20-22 ...

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

yes i think the sunon brand one is not bad n cost pretty std ard 20-22

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

I find that a big fan is more effective than many small fans. The disadvantage of using fan is that it will cause water evaporation to occur at a very fast rate. Then sg become too high easily.

fan cool the tank by evaporation theory.

something like latent heat of vapourisation within water is lost to atmosphere??

anyway with that, in order for it to be effective in cooling, ur atmosphere temp, which is ur room temp must be reasonably cooler than the tank system.

and of course , thr better the coverage of the wind generated by the fan on the tank, the more effective is the fan. As for mi , i used to face my fan directly at my water surface :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10