Tank Temperature

My tank temp had rosed to 31c after I put my RIO32 for my skimmer, ATman return pump and a pump for my FD in the sump, I am not using any chiller, any bro out there can advise is there any way to bring down the temp.

If I change my ATman to eheim, will it help???

bro...no choice u gotta add in fan.....before i puchase a weipro skimmer....i was using 6-in-1 fan and my temp is about 27.5-28.5.....then after i add in a atman pump for my skimmer...temp rose :angry: ...thts for sure as it generate heat....thus i add in a small fan on top of my sump.

Yap...more evapouration...no choice lah....give and take mah :lol:

hope tht help.

Regards,

Wilson

• SRC Member

if u do not intend to invest in chiller then fan is the next best alternative...

nowadays 2nd hand resun chiller are nt too expensive... if u like little hassle u may like to consider a chiller? cos who knows u may go into corals! =]

just my 2cts ya?

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

Hi Bro,

The prob is with atman... i used this before and had gave me temp prob too....

would be better if u change to a better pump... Mount a fan direct to the hood will bring down the temp by 1-2 degree... (dependant on the ambient temperature of your room too..)

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• SRC Member

i'm using a singular fan for my 3x1.5x1.5, bought it at yishun (aqua star) for abt 20 plus..have been running for many mths....all u need is some cleaning of the fan to prolong it...i used to have those four-in-one type bt they will fail one by one and is not as easy to maintain as my current one... my 2cts worth..

Henry Tan

Sembawang

3x1.5x1.5 2.5x1x1.5

LS

1xfire clown/ 1xyellow boxer

1xpercular/ 1xcoral beauty

1xboxer/ 2xfire shrimps

1xcoral beauty/ 2xfalse clowns

2xhawk fish/ 1xane crab

1xyellow tail damsel/ 2xcleaners

3xturbo snails

2xhermits

1xtomato clown

Set up.....

Sump - Done

DIY Cabinet - Done

DIY Overflow Pipe - Done

i'm using a singular fan for my 3x1.5x1.5, bought it at yishun (aqua star) for abt 20 plus..have been running for many mths....all u need is some cleaning of the fan to prolong it...i used to have those four-in-one type bt they will fail one by one and is not as easy to maintain as my current one... my 2cts worth..

bro, how cant 4 in 1 is not gd, how long does your one last? and hw is 4 in 1?

• SRC Member
For those who are successful in bringing down the temperature using fan only, is your tank enclosed in a build-in cabinet or open?

Mine is open top, no hood that is enclosed. Using a single fan and can maintain the temperatur from 27-28.5 degress Celsius. :lol:

• SRC Member

bro, how cant 4 in 1 is not gd, how long does your one last? and hw is 4 in 1?

my singular fan lasted longer than the 4-in-1..n is def easier to maintain...just remove 4 screws and remove the wire and then clean the blades with plain water and fix back e wire and screws...wala...done..but u can't really do these with those 4-in-1 and 6-in-1s... n those hwo have tried both types..i suppose they agree that singular unit is much more durable...

Henry Tan

Sembawang

3x1.5x1.5 2.5x1x1.5

LS

1xfire clown/ 1xyellow boxer

1xpercular/ 1xcoral beauty

1xboxer/ 2xfire shrimps

1xcoral beauty/ 2xfalse clowns

2xhawk fish/ 1xane crab

1xyellow tail damsel/ 2xcleaners

3xturbo snails

2xhermits

1xtomato clown

Set up.....

Sump - Done

DIY Cabinet - Done

DIY Overflow Pipe - Done

to be frank, i would love to use a fan because it is cheap, and save energy ...

however the evaporation rate and the sound from certain fan can be annoying

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Talking abt sound from the fan, it there any way to reduce or any soundless fan selling outside???

Most fan will generate some noise as the blades rotate cut thru air and vibration travel. Unless you add a rubber / silicone sheet to act as a damper. Its will reduce some noises. Just my 2 cents.

If u need any second hand chiller let me knw becuase I hv one that intent to sell off cheap.cheap. very powerful 1 horse .

Thank bro, currently the fan just work fine for me. Manage to bring down to 29dg, should be fine for my fishes. Thanks for the offer.

Cheers :D

Most fan will generate some noise as the blades rotate cut thru air and vibration travel. Unless you add a rubber / silicone sheet to act as a damper. Its will reduce some noises. Just my 2 cents.

So far the sound is ok, not very noisy. It just that I need to top up my sump everyday!!!! sigh but shd be able to save a lot of electricity :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

So far the sound is ok, not very noisy. It just that I need to top up my sump everyday!!!! sigh but shd be able to save a lot of electricity :eyebrow:

i am in the midst of making a top up, using cistern..... water level drop, water fills in.... saw some success stories with reefers from other forums...

Best Regards,

Morpheous

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)