mushrooms

Sinn

interesting....what kind of mushroom is that...sounds like a discosoma...

Mine will migrate when it is too cramp up...they will move to get better lights

you can also put near strong current...those ready to move soon will happily float away.... :lol:

interesting....what kind of mushroom is that...sounds like a discosoma...

Mine will migrate when it is too cramp up...they will move to get better lights

you can also put near strong current...those ready to move soon will happily float away.... :lol:

Throw them into tunze stream, they get crushed and get blow away thus you will have thousand pieces of propagated discosoma :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

DA just got his tunze. :lol: he gets carried away with that.... :lol::lol:

but you can either leave it be, wat I prefer to do. Let nature takes its course or as Deepblue says: put it near strong currents, some will float off.

but you can't control which one.

And I think sinn is asking a serious question. Guys, be constructive leh

• SRC Member

U mean the mushrooms will wander off by itself? I have some mushrooms that R overlapping too ... quite big. Dun know if I should leave them B ... or take some off (but dun have expertise 2 do it). Afraid that I will hurt them ... or worst "kill" them in the process.

Generally, unless you really need to propagate them and place them in another part of your tank....can leave them be...if there not sufficient light or really overcrowded...they will move :lol:

Just like clams, they will shift if there is insufficent lights :lol:

Generally, unless you really need to propagate them and place them in another part of your tank....can leave them be...if there not sufficient light or really overcrowded...they will move :lol:

Just like clams, they will shift if there is insufficent lights :lol:

And also when there is too much current or water movement

DA just got his tunze. :lol: he gets carried away with that.... :lol::lol:

but you can either leave it be, wat I prefer to do. Let nature takes its course or as Deepblue says: put it near strong currents, some will float off.

but you can't control which one.

And I think sinn is asking a serious question. Guys, be constructive leh

ERm ERm.......... shhhhhhh :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::fear::fear::fear:

• SRC Member
U mean the mushrooms will wander off by itself? I have some mushrooms that R overlapping too ... quite big. Dun know if I should leave them B ... or take some off (but dun have expertise 2 do it). Afraid that I will hurt them ... or worst "kill" them in the process.

You can try to dislodge the biggest ones blocking most of the light but poking their bases off the rock. Try not to break their flesh as it might release nasty stuff in your water. You can just try to poke off a couple of the larger ones first and leave the rest alone first if you are not confident about it.