Any tankmakers to recommend?

koniyakutz

Had a very reasonable quote from him today, did not even bother to bargin as its already a very good price. On top of that, he was very patient and honest; excellent service! :)

Confirm order already?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
Confirm order already?

Will give him the go ahead once my parents consult the geomancer tomorrow, will be settling for a 5ft*2ft*2.5ft(H) as 6" of viewable space will go to the hood and bottom.

He came prepared with lots of pictures, technical diagrams and laminate samples. :lol:

Will give him the go ahead once my parents consult the geomancer tomorrow, will be settling for a 5ft*2ft*2.5ft(H) as 6" of viewable space will go to the hood and bottom.

He came prepared with lots of pictures, technical diagrams and laminate samples. :lol:

sounds like a plan. . . . congrats!

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

• SRC Member

Told U good already right???

Good stuff never bluff...

• SRC Member

Told U good already right???

Good stuff never bluff...

He's good! :lol:

Offered me thicker Chengai beams and flatform as my cabinet is pretty high(48"). He's a pretty easy going guy and did not charge me for extra work; thats why I did not bargin with him as the price is already very reasonable.

The excellent service aside, he's very honest and forthcoming as well. :lol:

And on top of that, he's pretty knowledgeable with cabinet design and construction. :)

• SRC Member

hi bro's agree with kueytoc haha cheers.AM goooood.......

I think they quote $1600 for my 4x2x2 12mm partition tank without piping.

I am getting a similiar tank with external overflow on a 5ft stand with piping included at $1300.

That is quite a bit of difference there if you ask me.

Just a note. Both are cabinet tanks.

• SRC Member

Out of respect and not wanting to upset my parents, I have decided against setting up the tank. The position of the proposed location clashes with the geomancer's calculations; and that is the only location I can place my tank.

Looks like I'm not destined to make a come back. :cry2::cry2::cry2:

How can I not have any corners pointing at the front door ... darn!!! Have not heard of any 5ft curved tank and cabinet set before.

Out of respect and not wanting to upset my parents, I have decided against setting up the tank. The position of the proposed location clashes with the geomancer's calculations; and that is the only location I can place my tank.

How can I not have any corners pointing at the front door ... darn!!! Have not heard of any 5ft curved tank and cabinet set before.

How about a circular tank?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

Think can have a bow front. and have the edges of the cabinet made rounded. Some of my furniture in the house is custom made with rounded corners for the same reason as yours.

Think can have a bow front. and have the edges of the cabinet made rounded. Some of my furniture in the house is custom made with rounded corners for the same reason as yours.

Good news is. . . Gerald can do custom made tank. :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Checked with Gerald, the maximum size for a curved tank is 4ft. On top of that, the tank will have to be made of tempered glass. Tempered glass is a big no no, especially if its meant for marine.

He himself said using tempered glass for marine is like having a time bomb in the house.

:(

sure they are experience enough with marine tank?

seems like u not very convince. my marine tank > 5 years old was made by them. My friend marine tank > 7 years also made by them.

Some of the "tank maker" I know also subcon the tank making to them. So what do u think...