Aiptsia killer

• SRC Member

I tried this method, and it works perfectly and it is eco-friendly.

What I did was to get a needle and syringe from your local doctor and then freshly squeezed a lemon and then filled it in the syringe and then inject the aiptsia each with about 3ml of lemon juice and then see them shrink and then slowly see bubbles come from them, and then about 5 min, they will die.

So far so good for me, managed to kill off 4 by this method. the aiptsia is like 10 cents in diameter when fully open.

So with lemon juice can kill them off easily.

using concentrated kalk work as well i believe .

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

I tried the copperband but it died after about 2 weeks, although in the other tank it manage to eat off several before it went up the lorry. after that I just wash out the whole tank and restarted again.

So in the current main tank when I got them again, that's why I resorted to lemon. I guess if you can reach these aiptsia and they are big, 5 cents size, then injecting a little lemon will not cause too much of a problem. This is provided that you are able to reach into the live rock to inject the lemon juice. :lol:

• SRC Member

you need to get the needle and the syringe, aim directly into the mouth and then push the needle into middle of the body and then squeeze the lemon juice inside, at this time, the aiptsia will shrink and I could see bubbles started coming out already as the lemon juice goes in.

I inject about 1-2ml (I used a 10ml syringe) you can inject more if you want.

• SRC Member

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

lol.. i intro a copperband and a peppermint into my tank too

aiptais problem solved.. now i dun see any sticking out..

2weeks too.. my copperband oso up the lorry liao

ytd last nite onli .. sadness..

peppermint i think still ard la..

juz MIA nia. haha..

done a great job both of them..

lucky my copperband up the lorry after it completes its task..

• 1 month later...
juz in case cannot get the syringe with needle where can i get the peppermint shrimp?

Hi there bro! If you were to purchase any salifert test kit it'll comes with a shringe and the idea is you can use that shringe to fill up with a thick kalkwasser and shoot it directly to the infested area & Voalaa!! It works 100% dude! :lol: For the hot water it works but it will kill your coraline algea within a second but still the choice is yours. Happy trying! :peace:

• SRC Member
Hi everyone,

Is this also a pest anemone or Zoathids? If it is a pest anemone, does introducing a peppermint shrimp get rid of it? Please advise... Thanks.

cheers

looks like aiptsia to me. monitor it for a while if starts to grows and overtake your tank - then kill them.

Try out the seagrass filefish. Works quite readily, unlike copperband. I had mine in the tank for about 2 weeks, and one evening I suddenly realised that most of the aps are either missing or shrunk into the rocks.

:evil::evil:

is it reef safe ?

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W