My 30 gallon to-be reef tank

Jakuson

My clown, just bought it 3 days ago and doesn't seems to be eating yet... :( I tried formula one(small pellets), frozen mysis shrimp frozen brine shrimp, but dun wan to eat any of these...only see it use it mouth to touch it or put in and spit it out... Anyone can help me get it to eat? Should I try live brine shrimp or is there other alternatives? Pls advice... :o

post-69-1164429203.jpg

there are some diatoms of the sandbed which is slowly going off after i got an algae blenny....planning to get some sand dollars to help sift/stir my sand...Any idea how many to get? What kind of snails would be beneficial to my tank? Pls advice...thanks all the bros out there that helped me previously with my tank at other threads... Cheers! :lol:

• SRC Member
there are some diatoms of the sandbed which is slowly going off after i got an algae blenny....planning to get some sand dollars to help sift/stir my sand...Any idea how many to get? What kind of snails would be beneficial to my tank? Pls advice...thanks all the bros out there that helped me previously with my tank at other threads... Cheers! :lol:

If it's for sifting your sandbed, you can try the sand-sifting starfish. Not very difficult to keep IMO.

BTW, your tank does not look like 2x1.5x1.5. I also can't find any overflow from your pics. Are you running filtration with a skimmer?

Nice efforts for a start though. :D

What's IMO?? I am running a skimmer, prizm skimmer on the back of the tank...can see from FTS... I have an overflow box, and haven use it...becos my sump is not ready yet...going to draw out and measure the pieces of acrylic that I need to place in the tank, I am going to DIY the sump and refugium tank in one...I jus need to draw out the dimensions and my father can get some acrylic pieces from his work place...hehe :P Also my tank is 24" x 18" x 18"... :) Thanks bro Volitan... :lol:

Anyone know of anything that the clownfish will definitely eat? I tried formula one pellets, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, all didnt work...they just spit it out every time after putting inside it's mouth...pls help save my clown...I dun wan it to die...is hasn't been eating much for about near to a week...

• SRC Member
where to get live brine? Any recommended LFS or farms to get it?

Generally, clownfish is not a picky fish and eats like damsels. Shd start eating soon...good luck.

For live brine shrimps, if you stay near Serangoon, i know PetMart at Serangoon Nth carries them quite often. Can give them a call before you go down.

Thanks all bro for ur effort in replying me and helping me out...my true percula clown are eating now...I fed it frozen mysis shrimp just now, and it gobbled everything up... :P But, the smaller one still not really eating, I think it is due to the food being too big for it's mouth...Guess I will get some baby brine shrimp for it... ;)

• 1 month later...