My 1st Fowlr tank

tazperlin

Nice tank . The LED look great too. anyway what equipment are u planning to get for this tank. what fishes u wanna keep ?

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

bought this hns skimmer 1 week ago dont know work well anot :huh:

good choice of skimmer. :D

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
sump

Bro, are those blue colored stuffs some sponge or sometimes like that??

You may wanna remove them & the bioballs... they tends to accumulate nitrate in the long run..

Just my opinion.. :D .. No offense pls... :D

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

Emm... the tank looks great without the hood... love the sleekness of it... what's your LS plan bro? Any concept yet? :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I THINK I M GOING FOR SOME FISH N SOME LS BUT I SCARE LS VERY HARD TO TAKE CARE :unsure: WHICH LS IS EASY TO TAKE CARE ?

With you sump design and a HNS skimmer... dun think you will have difficulty keeping most of the popular LS... as long as the parameters are optimum... you can start with some hardy fishes already :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I M SO HAPPY THAT UR GUY GIVE comments :yeah: what is the parameters for KEEPING LS N GUY CAN TELL ME WAT IS FR ? DO I NEED THIS FOR KEEPING LS :huh:

Well for a start, you need to ensure the following:

1) Salinity 1.022 to 1.025

2) Ammonia = <0.25ppm (best is zero)

3) Nitrite = <0.05ppm (best is zero)

4) Nitrate = <10ppm (best is zero)

6) pH = 8.0 to 8.3

You can also check your KH (Carbonat Hardness) = 8ºkH to 10ºkH as a stable KH will ensure stable pH too.

Without a chiller, do take note of your highest temperature of the day and lower temperature of the day. The smaller the fluctuation within a day, the better. If you are just going FOWLR... 30ºC is still acceptable for most fishes although it is a little too close to the borderline.

All the best bro!!!