Readjusting my sump

• SRC Member

Hi all

I am thinking of re-setting my sump to optimise the return flow rate. The current set up is such that water flow from main tank to sump via a straight pipe, while return pipe has turning elbows which slows down flow rate. So I am thinking to switch the 2 pipes such that the over-flow goes thru the elbow-pipings, and the return flow goes straight up into the main tank. Is there anything I should anticipate or note? Any comments or advice please. Thanks in advance.

post-6-1165328643.jpg

Hi bro, I get what you are trying to say, it sounds better and make sense since it will be less pressure for your return pump, but one question I have for you is that do you intend to turn your sump tank the other way round (left to right, right to left), because if you don't do that, the return pump will be at the high divider side and the water that comes down from the main tank will land on the low divider side, water flow will be opposite.

• SRC Member

If I were you I wount touch the parts that are siliconed to the glass through a hole. You can saw off the joints as shown and just switch places. Since you are using the same sump then the height will be the same. Just buy 2 PVC connectors to join back the pipings. That is if I were you. :D

Maybe other bros here got a better way to do it.

post-6-1165456252.jpg