Freak accident

acidjazz

I was on my way to zouk out ytd, driving along ecp when a freak accident happened. A blue subaru impreza was driving at approximately 130km/hr around the bend, lost control of the car and hit the taxi directly in front of me. Impact was so great that the taxi overturned from the second lane to the fifth lane!

If my car is 20 metres nearer, i wld have been in the taxi's position. The casulty is pretty bad and there sld be passengers in the cab.

Seriously, for a while i thought the driver was trying to drift along the bend. It happened so fast but i saw the wheels of the subaru impreza lifted off the ground and subsequently he crash to the side and the taxi.

It was one hell of an experience. I think it sld be in the news tdy or tmr. If they calling for witness, let me know.

cheers.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

buy his membership no la. :lol:

classic....choon choon his membership is 4 series...haha...

Henry Tan

Sembawang

3x1.5x1.5 2.5x1x1.5

LS

1xfire clown/ 1xyellow boxer

1xpercular/ 1xcoral beauty

1xboxer/ 2xfire shrimps

1xcoral beauty/ 2xfalse clowns

2xhawk fish/ 1xane crab

1xyellow tail damsel/ 2xcleaners

3xturbo snails

2xhermits

1xtomato clown

Set up.....

Sump - Done

DIY Cabinet - Done

DIY Overflow Pipe - Done

Yup saw the cab lying on it's side with the chasis exposed. Guess those in the subaru didn't make it to zouk out this year. <_<

Any passengers inside?

i have no idea what the indian guy in tt subaru is thinking. 130km or more round a bend. . . come on. . .

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

What's the fine\penalty for these reckless drivers?

Will they be jailed?

For this accident, its confirmed plus stamp plus gurantee go jail. It wasnt even the taxi's fault. That blue subaru was speeding, (might be drunk) or wadeva. It depends on the injury of the taxi driver n passengers as well. If its severe, tt subaru driver is looking at a long jail team and will be missing many years of zouk out.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

i believe its better to cal traffic police directly.

i did, for 15 times. Guess they are not tt interested.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• Moderators

Very interesting thread.

FYI the guy driving the WRX may not go to jail, it depend on what charges he get. He is likely to get a BIG fine & LONG suspension unless he is tested positive for drink driving.

Anyway, i believe his skill and insufficient mod to his car is the factor for the clash. I have seen many people did high speed cornering on WRX, EVO at speed greater than that.

Just my 2 cents worth... No offence.

Tom

• SRC Member

Another reason could be he's using damm hard racing suspension and if you hit a bump at high speed and dunno how to control a powerful machine such as a rex, you're just gonna bounce out of control. Especially more that the area was just round a corner.

• Moderators
Another reason could be he's using damm hard racing suspension and if you hit a bump at high speed and dunno how to control a powerful machine such as a rex, you're just gonna bounce out of control. Especially more that the area was just round a corner.

Agreed Bro! B)

Tom

• SRC Member

Thats why i said, "not knowing their limit and machine limit."

If their car is not suitable to perform stunts like that but they choose to go ahead.. then terible things happen..

• SRC Member

maybe spiderone has an answer to tat. his driving style pretty similar.

Why do people say that about me . I saw tanzy at Ubi . got a blue evo now . I think hes much worse :P . got his huge brakes ( endless or ap i forgot ) , thats how u tell the driving style of the owner , look at the brakes .

I have seen almost as many wrx in accident as i have taxis , and the drivers are almost always kids ( not saying i old ,But im pretty sure the little poly boy with ###### hair sitting on the kerb crying while his parents shout at him is younger than me ) . Damn sad .

P.S i drive around 20kmh below speed limit at all TIMES . on highway i drive in the slow lane going at 70 . sometimes to overtake i go to 80 . Major problems are the kids in civics . even younger than the kids in rexes .

Really hope the TP do something like raise the driving licence age to 21 or something . and make the test much more stringent and hire snitches to sit in the classrooms and weed out those who look like they are going to be future LACERBOYS . For now the speeding penalty and Dangerous driving is all bullshit . I got friend drive like idiots in orchard get stop at roadblock get a " Dont do that again arr " . Go to court also just pay few hundred dollars fine . They should make P Plate 3 years and make the cost of driving licence maybe 5k . let the kids drive illegally . get caught . and wait another 5 years .