Working 12hr night shift & Reefing?

loneteelay

• SRC Member

Hi there!

Now i'm working 12hr night shift and I really want a marine tank.. currently i've a gold fish tank.. :D I'll sell those gold fish and i would like to own a 3 ft tank with sump..

My stock list will contain some a few peaceful fish and softies... (may be a few LPS? how do u think?) My most concern is i've very few amount of time for maintenance..

Working 12hr 3-2-2-3 night shift & working OT for within 5 to 7 days. Will i be able to take care of them and will they suffer bcoz of me? :cry:

Plz give me your suggestion..! :thanks:

• SRC Member

i believe its up to u to take control of ur timing.. i use to work 12hrs 6 days with a FOWLR tank.. no problem for me.. only problem is when my off day i use it to wash water and scrab off all the algea.. basically meaning no off day for me :(

quite a tough time for me however i enjoy it alot too

• SRC Member

shd be not big of a prob ... i oso work nite shift ..... the beauty is that u can go chiong lfs in afternoon during weekdays... no crowd swee

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

oh.. ya hor... we got advantage that we can go to LFS at office hours.. :lol: but we need to depend on Autofeeder for our fish.. don't know which brand is good..! Can any1 guide me for the tank maker? And how much can it be cost for the wood cabinet stand + hood and the 3 feet tank?

I've never done before with the tank maker and so i've no idea about comparing the price of tank maker one and the ready made tank.. plz suggest me..!

• SRC Member
where u get all these lobang i want a 12 hour night shift job too . school in june . till then nothing to do boring

U mean part-time temp job? Go 7eleven work lah.. :D hee hee.. just kidding..!

Last time when i was student, i worked in Banquet Hotels (sometime even can work 14hr shift ;) ) and small bar..! a lot of my frenz working in KFC, 7eleven ,fish&co and restaurants too.. You can go ask them if u really want..! :whistle

• SRC Member
:lol: haha.. bouncer? That's u called challenging? I got a frenz ex-bouncer from zouk, who now study in ntu.. he is very fit and if u do so, u can go and apply for that.. don't shy to ask for a job.. :paiseh: When u got it, let me know.. got a bouncer frenz at nite club is not bad huh? :upsidedown: