SPS tank without a skimmer

Just to add... you can hardly spot a fish in his tank... and definitely no obese fish like most found in our tanks :lol::lol::lol: That's part of the secret I believe :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Not sure if it is relevent or not... My tank with NSW and running skimmerless for 4 months....Lots of changes since then..,,...

u r the reefer who i just about to remark.. the one who keep sps without "SKIMMER"

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• 6 months later...
;) i have skimmer less tank for a year mostly lps started sps couple of months now most of them frags from reefers here i find my sps are doing great, i have miracle mud system my nitrate less than 10 ppm , 0 phos i think it can be done i do change 10 % wc every other week

My old tankMY reef my world

20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. udaya

• SRC Member

Look carefully at the picture. Neither does he have any filter media nor macro algae.

p1010201_std.jpg

p1010198_std.jpg

p1010202_std.jpg

LS as shown int the picture.

He have 3 blue tang, 2 yellow tang, 1 flame angel, 1 clown n 2 unknown.

p1010068_std.jpg

But he has 3 clams. 1 of them @ least a 12" big.

riutta.jpg

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member
Clams does help abit in the removal of the ..... forgotten which trace already. So does mature DSB.

nitrate?

btw bro neokn can link the thread?? interested in that setup and his or her husbandry..

• 5 months later...