Lighting for ridiculously small nano?

• SRC Member

Buy a seperate table lamp :lol::lol: . As this will be cheap and effective, but the light may not be what you are looking for?

But in this case of pico (smaller than nano) tank, this will be the way to go in the case of lighting. I feel that if we can install the normal fluroscent lighting but we put about 2 tubes - this should be enoig to light up such a small tank. The depth of the tank is also not too deep so the light should reach the bottom of tank. :D

• SRC Member

I use a table lamp with 24W phillip cool day light tornado for my nano cube. The color is only 6500K. That is the best I managed. Cheers.

If you need the table lamp contacts, I will send u via PM upon request.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

Honestly LED is for show only. If you want lighting for a nano tank, best choice REALLY is a PL table lamp on sort of a arm that you can bend so that the light is from overhead the tank. This would allow you space to put a fan for extra cooling, or even space to hand a skimmer/filltering stuff else you will very soon ran out of space. Space is a very challenging issue for a nano/pico tank (15cmx15cm) but LED does have its place (the Blue LEDs especially if you want some sort of a nightlight - this is a good compromise. Get blue LED strip from Sim Lim Tower basement.

Good Luck Bro.