southpaw23's reef

southpaw23

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

So i went out about a week ago to get some livesand and rocks and dumped it into the tank. Here's how murky the water was after adding both stuff in.

post-34-1185292017.jpg

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

Well...that's all from me for tonight. Was away in HK all of last week and the tank has cleared up significantly. Will post up more shots of the tank after i've fiddled around with the scaping a lil more...

g'night! :)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

the sump compartment are very well design with very careful planning for many possible mishap. :bow: Very impress with the acrlic bottom holding the sump and all equipments, esp. with the drainage pipes to the balcony. Never thought of tat idea

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

Thanks guys....as the tank is only accessible in the bedroom, i had to take the extra precautions to ensure no undesired disasters could take place.

southpaw23's reef

And after 3 hours....i get some...latte....not kopi i'm afraid...haha :P

Have you added any sand? That could explain the milky skimmate :erm:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Hat's off to you! Really an impressive setup. You've got all the basic equipment ( as far as I can see ) from the start. A few more essentials and you're good to go.

Yeah...i believe most of my crucial equipment are in. I'm getting a second hand 6045 from Iceman n am currently awaiting my FR fr Joe. Then when the chiller gets hooked up...i'll be good to go. I will wait and see how the tank matures before i decide on a CR.

What other essentials were you refering to? Did i miss anything out? :)

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member
Have you added any sand? That could explain the milky skimmate

Yeah...i added a couple of bags of livesand...does that explain the milky skimmate? Oh well...the skimmer is starting to pull out some gunk now. Will have to get a shot of it soon :)

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

Yeah...i believe most of my crucial equipment are in. I'm getting a second hand 6045 from Iceman n am currently awaiting my FR fr Joe. Then when the chiller gets hooked up...i'll be good to go. I will wait and see how the tank matures before i decide on a CR.

What other essentials were you refering to? Did i miss anything out? :)

Hmm, I was thinking that you would go for a Tunze TS24, a kalkwasser reactor and a top-up device?

• SRC Member
Hmm, I was thinking that you would go for a Tunze TS24, a kalkwasser reactor and a top-up device?

Thanks for the input...the only reason i haven't considered a TS24 is due to the bulky nature of the unit...kinda unsightly IMO. Besides, i don't intend to go to SPS at the moment so i'm thinking i can do without the heavy wave makers.

Currrently considering maybe 2 Nano 6045 and a wavebox in the near future. I'll gradually look into the wavemakers in the tank and see what is really needed as time goes along i guess.

As for the topup. I have a tubby lying around somewhere...hopefully it's still working. if so, i'll hook it up soon. As for the kalkreactor, am gonna hold off on that right now too cos i don't see a dire need for it. It would ultimately boil down to the calcium consumption in my tank etc so i'll wait for the tank to stock up and mature a lil.

Thanks for the input tho...anything else for me to consider? :)

southpaw23's reef